Skip to Content
- Shape Analysis and pattern recognition
- Time-Motion Orientation and Body Posture
- Sequential Markov Chain Monte Carlo Techniques
- Ph.D. Statistics , University of California at Berkeley, 1983.
- BA (Mathematics and Logic),University of Minnesota, 1976.
- 1992-present, Associate Professor with tenure, Department of Statistics, Temple University
- 1987-1991, Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Temple University
- 1983-1987, Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Georgia
- 1979-1983, Teaching Assistant, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Statistics
- “A New Approach to the estimation of inter-variable correlation”, Communications in Statistics 37: 2315-2330, 2008.
- “Bayes and Empirical Bayes Procedures for Comparing Parameters”, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 88, 687-693, (1993).
- “New EM derived from Kullback-Leibler Divergence” , Conference on Knowledge and Data Discovery (KDD) 2006. (with Longin Jan Latecki and Rolf Lakaemper)
- “Bayes and Minimax Sample-Admissible Multivariate Selection Problems”, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 86, 1022-1023, (1991).
- “Correspondences between Parts of Shapes with Partical Filters” (with Rolf Lakaemper) published in CVPR (2008) [computer vision and pattern recognition].
- “Statistics of Natural Populations” (with J. Arnold and M. Sobel), Biometrics, 42, 45-65 (1986).