James M. Lammendola’s path in life led him from private practice to the classroom. Professor Lammendola transitioned from a long-time adjunct to full-time teaching in 2008. He spent nineteen years of his legal practice career at the law firm of Bongiovanni & Berger in Center City Philadelphia.
Professor Lammendola represented businesses large and small with concentrations in debt collection, real estate, and also practiced criminal defense work—making frequent appearances before the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas and Municipal Court.
He has published in the Real Estate Law Journal and The Atlantic Law Journal. He also has published thirty-four articles, twenty-eight co-authored with Harper J. Dimmerman, Esq., for the Legal Intelligencer which examine Pennsylvania appellate court decisions in real estate law. These articles are designed to inform lawyers on changes and modifications to the law that will impact on the advice they give to clients.
He has presented at the Tri-State Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Mid-Atlantic Academy of Legal Studies in Business and the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business. Lammendola earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history from Temple University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa. He teaches a variety of courses in real estate and business law including appointments in the Honors and MBA programs.
- The Pennsylvania Environmental Rights Amendment: Pennsylvania’s Challenge to Act as a Trustee to Conserve and Maintain its Public Resources. Can Other States Learn from the Pennsylvania Experience? Real Estate Law Journal, Summer 2018, Volume 47, Number 1
- Practicing Fair Housing Principles in Southeastern Pennsylvania before the 1968 Fair Housing Act: Margaret H. Collins and Suburban Fair Housing, Inc. Atlantic Law Journal, Volume 11, pages 107-143, 2009. (Co-Author Professor Michael A. Valenza)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Clarifies Transient Rental Law, The Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on July 9, 2019 (co-author Harper J. Dimmerman, Esq.)
- Court Requires an Election of Remedies in a Commercial Lease Breach, The Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on April 5, 2018
- Commonwealth Court Affirms the Vitality of the Tax Sale Lien Act, The Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on January 10, 2017, Vol P, 255 Pages 7-8
- Court Interprets Nexus Between Disability and an Assistance Dog, The Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on October 5, 2016, Vol P, Pages 7-8
Awards and Honors
- 2016 MSA Professor of the Year
- 2016 Business Honors Professor of the Year
- 2014 Full-Time MBA Faculty of the Year
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Real Estate Practice
- The Legal Environment in Business (Honors)
- Law and American Society (Honors)