Dr. JaeHwuen Jung joins the Fox School on a tenure-track appointment within the Department of Management Information Systems, upon completion of his doctoral studies at the University of Minnesota.
The unifying theme of Jung’s research is to examine the casual impact of new technology channels, digital platforms, and technology-enabled features on user behavior and firms’ outcomes. Specifically, he studies social influence at the mechanism level by drawing on theories from economics and social psychology. His research has been published in top IS journals such as Information Systems Research and MIS Quarterly.
His professional experience includes nearly seven years as an information technology application architect. Jung earned his PhD in Information and Decision Sciences from the University of Minnesota. He received a Master of Science degree in Management Engineering and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- Jung, J., Lim, H., Lee, D., and, Kim, C. “The Secret to Finding a Match: A Field Experiment on Choice Capacity Design in an Online Dating Platform”, Information Systems Research (Forthcoming)
- Jung, J., Bapna, R., Gupta, A., and Sen, S. “Analyzing the Impact of Incentive Structure on the Diffusion of Mobile Social Games: A Randomized Field Experiment”, Journal of Management Information Systems, March 2021, 38:1, 59-81
- Jung, J., Bapna, R., Golden, J., and Sun, T. “Words Matter! Towards Pro-social Call-to-Action for Online Referral: Evidence from Two Field Experiments” Information Systems Research, March 2020, Volume: 31, pp. 16-36.
- Jung, J., Bapna, R., Ramaprasad, J. and Umyarov, A. (2019) “Love Unshackled: The Causal Effect of Mobile App Adoption in Online Dating”, MIS Quarterly, March 2019, Volume 43, pp. 47-72
- MIS Department Faculty Teaching Award (full-time), Fox School of Business, 2018
- Young Scholars Interdisciplinary Forum Research Grant, 2018, 2019
- Carlson School of Management Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 2016-17