David is Assistant Professor of Finance and Director of the Real Estate Program at Temple University Fox School of Business. He has over 30 years of real estate teaching experience between the University of Delaware Lerner College of Business, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, and Georgetown University.
Mr. Wilk is also a management consultant who creates value in today’s market for corporations, private equity firms, governments, universities, healthcare systems, and non-profits through asset optimization strategies that generate new earnings, valuations, market feasibility studies, “place-making” economic development strategies, and innovative marketing plans that reimagine underutlized real estate assets and urban neighborhoods.
He has over 35 years of experience with commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural, governmental, and institutional real estate projects, and has worked in 49 states in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, the Caribbean, Asia, and the South Pacific.
Real estate consulting highlights from Mr. Wilk’s career include; Pebble Beach Company, Aspen Skiing Company, 20th Century Fox Studios, The Irvine Ranch, Madison Square Garden, Santa Anita Racetrack, Dover Downs, Elvis Presley Enterprises (Graceland), Hyatt Regency & Four Seasons Hotels in Hawaii, Baltimore’s Power Plant, Art Deco Hotels in South Beach, Pennsylvania Convention Center and Marriott Hotel, Comcast Cable Systems, Bikini Atoll in Micronesia (South Pacific), U.S. military locations in Hawaii and California, and NASA Wallops Island Space Port in Virginia.
David has presented RE Symposia on Asset Optimization and Place-Making Economic Development at the Universities of Delaware, Illinois, Salisbury, Florida Atlantic, Delaware State, Washington, and Johns Hopkins. Mr. Wilk also keynoted on RE Asset Optimization in April, 2015 at SAP’s National RE Conference where he co-innovated a new data analytics platform (“Corporate Real Estate Earnings Diagnostic” – CREED©) with SAP which is now available on iTunes and Google (www.creedapp.com).
David has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Delaware and a Master of Science in Real Estate and Infrastructure from Johns Hopkins University.
Awards and Honors
- Counselor of Real Estate (CRE)
- Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Delaware since 1987
- Certified General Appraiser in the States of Delaware, New York, Virginia, Florida, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- Real Estate Finance & Investment
- Management of Corporate Real Estate Assets
- Commercial Real Estate Valuation Analysis
- Real Estate Development
- Capstone Advisor for Real Estate majors
In the News
- "How Philadelphia Residents Can Confirm Property Tax Assessments," Good Day Philadelphia, May. 10, 2022.
- "Philadelphia condos lag behind in an otherwise hot housing market," Philadelphia Inquirer, Apr. 21, 2022.
- "What to know about today’s competitive housing market," FOX 29, Feb. 25, 2022.
- "Delaware school in Brown v. Board of Education case to launch diversity and inclusion center," WHYY, Dec. 16, 2021.
- "Abandoned Brown v. Board school to reopen next year as a center for diversity and inclusion," Delaware Public Media , Nov. 19, 2021.