Dr. Kapanjie joined the Fox School of Business at Temple University in 2003. He has served as Managing Director of Online & Digital Learning and the Academic Director of Online MBA and BBA Programs. Darin helped build and manage the interactive and collaborative Fox Online model adopted for Temple’s online business courses.
Darin is committed to teaching beyond the physical classroom. He is known for using cutting-edge teaching technologies, and was an early adopter of Class Capture, Wireless Tablet Annotation, and Pearson’s MyLabs; he was the first to use WebEx web conferencing tools to teach synchronous online classes at Temple.
Darin has been honored with Philadelphia Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 Award, the Musser Award for Leadership in Teaching, the Andrisani-Frank Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, the Fox Online MBA Professor of the Year, the Innovation in Teaching Award at Temple’s Classroom Engagement Through Technology Conference, a two-time winner of the Fox Business Honors Teacher of the Year, and was the inaugural recipient of the John DeAngelo Innovative Leader in Technology Award.
- MOnline Education
- Instructional Technology
- Data Visualization
- Instructional Design
- Learning Analytics
- Video Production
- Ed.D. Curriculum, Instruction & Technology in Education , Temple University, Philadelphia, PA Dissertation: Sense of Community of Practice in Online Education: A Case Study of an MBA Program Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA
- M.S. Mathematics , Widener University, Chester, PA
- M.Ed. Mathematics , University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.A. Mathematics, minor in Economics
- 2017 – Present, Associate Professor, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business.
- 2003 – 2017, Assistant Professor, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business
- 2001 – 2003, Full-Time Faculty Member, LYNCHBURG UNIVERSITY, Lynchburg, VA
- 2001 – 2003, CENTRAL VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Lynchburg.
- 2001Adjunct Faculty Member, SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY, Shippensburg, PA
- 2000 – 2001Adjunct Faculty Member, HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Harrisburg, PA.
- “Do Technological and Course-Related Variables Impact Undergraduates’ Perceived Favorability and Willingness to Recommend Online/Hybrid Business Courses?” , Decision Sciences Journal of Innovation Education, 15(4), 349-369. Blau, G., Drennan, R. B., Karnik, S., & Kapanjie, D (2017).
- “Perceived learning and timely graduation for business undergraduates taking an online or hybrid course.” Journal of Education for Business, 91(6), 347-353. Blau, G., Drennan, R. B., Hochner, A., & Kapanjie, D. (2016).
- “Correlates of business undergraduates’ perceived favorability of online compared to face-toface courses” Journal of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness, 6(1), 50-66. Blau, G., & Kapanjie, D. (2016).
- Provost Award for Outstanding Faculty Service, 2016
- 40 Under 40, Philadelphia Business Journal — 2013
- Online MBA Professor of the Year Award, Fox School of Business — 2012
- Musser Award for Excellence in Teaching, Fox School of Business — 2011
- Business Honors Teacher of the Year, Fox School of Business — 2010, 2009
- Inaugural recipient of the John DeAngelo Excellence in Teaching and Innovation Award, Fox School of Business — 2009
- Dean’s Teaching Fellow, Fox School of Business — 2008
- Andrisani-Frank Undergraduate Teaching Award, Fox School of Business — 2005
- Excellence in Use of Technology, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning, Fox School of Business — 2005
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Quantitative Methods for Business (graduate) – Traditional & Online
- Honors Calculus for Business – Traditional & Hybrid
- Calculus for Business – Traditional, Online & Hybrid
- Precalculus for Business – Traditional, Online & Hybrid