Pursue your career as an actuary with one of only 30 universities worldwide to be named a Center of Actuarial Excellence—and one of the best places to prepare for a successful actuarial career. Through a cutting-edge and customizable curriculum featuring courses that satisfy industry requirements, the Fox Master of Science in Actuarial Science will help you develop the knowledge and skills to achieve your professional designations. Plus, as home to the Sigma chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma, the Fox School of Business offers robust professional development opportunities that will power your career path and help accelerate your growth.
Calculate a Premium Career
Faculty members within the actuarial science program maintain close and ongoing relationships with actuarial and insurance community leaders, so you develop the framework for a great career.
- Meet and network with professional actuaries at campus visits.
- Learn about internships and full-time opportunities through recruiting partnerships with leading actuarial employers.
- Gain the opportunity to be featured in the department’s resume book.
- Take advantage of resume reviews, interview preparation, and more through the Center for Student Professional Development.
Model Your Professional Path
Temple University is home to the Sigma chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma, the only international business fraternity for students of insurance, risk management, and actuarial science. Members benefit from a variety of resources and opportunities specific to the actuarial science field:
- Additional scholarship funding opportunities.
- Potential reimbursement for professional exam registration fees.
- Interview workshops, resume services, and submission of chapter-wide resume book to leading employers.
- Guest speaker series and special events including excellence awards, field trips to employers, and more.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may be considered after the deadline on a case-by-case basis.