The Musser Award is awarded to a Fox School faculty member for outstanding research achievement. It also recognizes exceptional individual research accomplishments that benefit the larger research community, including both academia and industry. Named for its founder, Warren V. Musser, the award promotes an ethic in which exceptional achievements in business research and community development are seen as compatible, symbiotic goals.
Throughout his career, Warren Musser has combined entrepreneurial spirit with a collaborative style based on investment in people and their ideas. As founder and longtime leader of Safeguard Scientifics, he formed numerous technology-oriented companies that helped create the Greater Philadelphia region’s reputation for technological innovation. In addition to his business endeavors, Musser has led many charitable and community causes, including the Temple University-based Safeguard Scientifics Center for Economic Education. The Center brings business, economic, and entrepreneurial education to K-12 teachers and students throughout the region and the state.
Previous winners include:
- 2015 – Anthony Di Benedetto, Professor, Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- 2014 – Sudipta Basu, Professor, Accounting
- 2013 – Paul Pavlou, Milton F. Stauffer Professor and Associate Dean of Research, Doctoral Programs and Strategic Initiatives
- 2012 – David Cummins, Joseph E. Boettner Chair of Risk Management and Insurance
- 2011 – Youngjin Yoo, Harry Cochran Professor in Management Information Systems
- 2010 – Jacqueline S. Zinn, Professor of Risk and Insurance and Management
- 2009 – Rajiv Banker, Stanley merves Chair of Accounting and Information Technology
- 2008 – Sheeram Mudambi, Professor and Chair of Strategic Management