Newsroom

Temple American Marketing Association Earns Top 5 Ranking Second Year in a Row

April 25, 2018 //

The Temple American Marketing Association (TU-AMA) did it again! On April 7, at the 40th Annual American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference (AMAICC), TU-AMA was designated a Top 5 student chapter among 429 collegiate chapters worldwide.

TU-AMA competed against 284 collegiate chapters that submitted written annual reports to be considered in the 2018 running for chapter recognition. A panel of judges evaluated chapter annual reports of activities and in the following areas:

• Professional Development (35%)
  • Social Impact (15%)
  • Fundraising (10%)
  • Membership Development (10%)
  • Communications (10%)
  • Chapter Operations and Planning (20%)

Thirty of TU-AMA’s 244 members (2017-2018 school year) represented our chapter at the AMAICC in New Orleans, Louisiana, to compete in a variety of competitions, attend speaker sessions, and network with professionals. In addition to earning Top 5 chapter status, TU-AMA also received the following recognition:

• Outstanding Marketing Week
  • Regional Conference Recognition
  • Top 15 – Mary Kay Case Competition
  • 4th Place – Website Competition
  • Semifinalist in Perfect Pitch Competition—freshman BBA student John Ourand

Each year, students attending the conference significantly benefit from the opportunity to network and excel. Students say:

“There are not enough words to describe how much AMA has impacted my life over the course of my college career. I am so thankful for this organization and the person it shaped me into, the people I have met, and opportunities that I have had.” – Alexa Gerenza, BBA Marketing senior

“My first year at the AMAICC was a great experience, and I look forward to going again in the future. The opportunities to network and learn more about the ways to build a career in marketing was valuable.” – Harry Gaffney, BBA Marketing sophomore

“[AMAICC] was a truly amazing experience. There were so many great speakers and networking opportunities that made it a time that I will never forget.” – Danny Glackin, BBA Marketing junior

MSCM congratulates TU-AMA students on their amazing achievements!

Learn more about the Fox School’s Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
For more stories and news, follow the Fox School on LinkedIn, TwitterFacebook, and Instagram.

See All Marketing & Supply Chain Management Department News