Fox Alumna, Melissa Alam, Named One of Billy Penn’s Top Philly Start-Up Leaders

January 30th, 2015 //

MelissaAs a recent 2010 Temple Fox School of Business Graduate, Melissa Alam has become one powerful, ambitious, young lady. “Blogger” and “Entrepreneur” is what she is associated as by many, but dig deeper and you will find she is an inspiration and role model to young women today.   

On January 21, Melissa was named one of Billy Penn’s 17 young Philly start-up leaders for the Startup Leaders edition of Who’s Next. Alam has been recognized for being the founder of Philadelphia’s first co-working space dedicated to ambitious women called, The Hive. Who’s Next is a feature spotlighting Philadelphia’s next generation of leaders who are shaping the city and community leaders who are making their neighborhoods better.

Her work does not stop there. Melissa is also the Strategic Brand Developer for Melissa Alam— Strategic Brand Development, Editor-In Chief of online magazine, Femme & Fortune, freelance photographer and blogger. Alam is one woman who continues to stay hungry with opportunity as she owes a great deal of her success to Fox’s curriculum and faculty.

Alam explains, “Attending the Fox School of Business for my undergrad degree was one of the best choices I made. Not only were the classes great and my fellow students inspiring, but the teachers were also so helpful when needed. I remember taking Entrepreneurial Marketing as an elective my senior year with Professor Jean Wilcox, and that class really opened up my mind to becoming a successful entrepreneur. I’d love to come back to Fox and focus on getting my MBA now!”

Fox is ranked #1 in the nation for graduate entrepreneurial mentorship by Princeton Review’s Entrepreneur magazine. Learn more about Fox’s specialized master’s program in Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship and how to enroll here.

Melissa kicked off The Hive’s Official Launch Party on November 7, 2014 and is already looking to open a second location in Philadelphia (stay tuned)! Feel free to learn more about Melissa and The Hive from this recent Temple post.

Connect with Melissa on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to learn more about her, her brand and how to become “that (wo)man.”