Yuanzhi (Lily) Li
Title: Assistant Professor (Research)
Office: Alter Hall 426
Research Interests: Corporate Finance, Investment, Bankruptcy and Distress
Yuanzhi Li is an assistant professor in Finance at Fox School of Business. Professor Li teaches courses in corporate finance and investment. She has been with Temple since 2009. Her primary research areas include corporate governance, investment, and Bankruptcy. Professor Li has been published in major journals including Journal of Financial Economics and Journal of Financial Markets. Professor Li received her Doctor of Philosophy in Finance from New York University.
- Li, Y. "A non-linear wealth transfer from shareholders to creditors around Chapter 11 filing", Journal of Financial Economics, Vol 107, 2013, 183-198.
- Li, Y and Zhong, Z. "Investing in Chapter 11 stocks: trading, liquidity, and performance", Journal of Financial Markets, Vol 16, 2013, 33-60.
- Corporate Finance Theory, Doctoral level
- Corporate Finance, Undergrad Level
In the News
- CNN Money, "Some companies go far to dodge shareholders", May 2014
- New York Times, "Beware when the annual meeting is in Moosejaw", May 2014
- Wall Street Journal, "How stock price relates to annual meetings: location, location, location", April 2014
- Washington Post, "Shareholder meeting far away? Bad news could be brewing", April 2014
- St. Louis Today, "Bankrupt airline proves to be a winning lottery ticket", 2013
- CBS News, "Trading in shares of bankrupt companies", 2013