Title: Assistant Professor
Office: Speakman Hall 328
Research Interests: Large Scale Multiple Testing, High Dimensional Variable Selection, Shrinkage Estimation, Causal Inference
Dr. Han’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Xu Han joins the Fox School from the University of Florida, where he served as an Assistant Professor of Statistics.
Read More . . .
His research interests focus on high-dimensional statistics, multiple hypothesis testing, statistical decision theory and causal inference. He has published an article in the Annals of Applied Statistics, and an article in the Journal of American Statistical Association, which are both top-tier journals in Statistics.
Prior to his position at the University of Florida, Dr. Han was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Lecturer at Princeton University’s Department of Operations Research and Financial Engineering.
Dr. Han has received several honors and awards, including the Laha Award from the Institute of Mathematical Science and the J. Parker Bursk Memorial Prize (awarded for the best student research annually) in the Statistics Department at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.
Dr. Han received Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Fudan University in Shanghai, China, and his MS and PhD in Statistics from the Wharton School.
- Fuki, I., Brown, L., Han, X., and Zhao, L. “Hunting for Significance: Bayesian Classifiers under a mixture Loss Function,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, to appear, 2014
- Fan, J., Han, X. and Gu, W. (2012) Estimating False Discovery Proportion Under Arbitrary Covariance Dependence (with discussion). JASA, Theory and Methods, 107(499), 1019-1035.
- Fan, J., Han, X. and Gu, W. (2012) Rejoinder: Estimating False Discovery Proportion Under Arbitrary Covariance Dependence. JASA, Theory and Methods, 107(499), 1046-1048.
- Han, X., Small, D., Foster, D. and Patel, V. (2011) The Effect of Winning an Oscar Award on Survival: Correcting for Healthy Performer Survival Bias with a Rank Preserving Structural Accelerated Failure Time Model. Annals of Applied Statistics, Vol 5, 746-772.
Awards and Honors
- Laha Award from the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS) 2010
- J. Parker Bursk Memorial Prize (Awarded for the best student research) from the Department of Statistics at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2008
- Deming Student Scholar Award from the 64th Deming Conference on Applied Statistics, 2008
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- STAT 8101 - Stochastic Process
- STAT 2512 - Intermediate Statistics
- STAT 4321 - Introduction to Probability
- FIN 505 - Modern Regression and Time Series