Title: Assistant Professor
Office: Alter Hall 449
Research Interests: Financial Reporting and Disclosure, International Accounting, Corporate Governance, Debt Contracting, Corporate Social Responsibility
- “Active Owership ” (with Elroy Dimson and Oguzhan Karakas), 2015, Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 28 (12), pp. 3225-3268.
- “Contractibility and Transparency of Financial Statement Information Prepared under IFRS: Evidence from Debt Contracts around IFRS Adoption” (with Ray Ball and Lakshmanan Shivakumar), 2015, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 53 (5), pp. 961-953.
- “Mandatory Financial Reporting and Voluntary Disclosure: The Effect of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Management Forecasts” (with Holly Yang), Forthcoming at The Accounting Review
- “Accounting Conservatism and the Cost of Capital: International Analysis”, 2015, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 42 (5-6), pp. 555-582.
- “The Impacts of Product Market Competition on the Quantity and Quality of Voluntary Disclosures”, 2010, Review of Accounting Studies, Vol. 15 (3), pp. 663-711.