|Office:||Alter Hall 333F|
|Research Interests:||Leadership, Team Performance, Task and Relationship Conflict, Incivility|
Dr. Tony Petrucci started his career as an officer in the US Army where he attained the rank of Captain. He then went to work for the PepsiCo organization in the Pizza Hut division. At PepsiCo he held the positions of District Manager, operating 36 restaurants, and then as a Human Resources Manager. He then moved to the ARAMARK Corporation, a Fortune 500 Most Admired Company, where he was a Human Resources Director and Senior Human Resources Director. As a Senior Human Resources Director he was responsible for leading Human Resources for the International Division. Tony was then promoted to a Vice President of Human Resources where he was responsible for all Human Resource functions for a 14,000 person organization and became a member of the Executive Leadership Council for the company. In 2005 Tony started his own executive search and leadership consulting firm, Career Movement, which he built into a national firm and sold in 2010. Tony is now an owner and managing partner of Gravitas. Gravitas is a national retained executive search, board of director search, and leadership consulting firm.
Tony has written two books titled Move Up and Make Your Move which are focused on leadership and career development. He has been quoted, published or featured in publications or media outlets such as US News and World Report, HR Executive Magazine, HR Magazine, Fox News, Workforce.com, CBS Marketwatch, Yahoo Finance, Journal of Corporate Recruiting Leadership, Chief Learning Officer, HR.com, Nations Restaurant News, Career Development International, Veritude, Vending Times, CBS KYW News, Yahoo News!, Business News Daily, British Psychological Society, The Journal of Workplace and Behavioral Health, The Journal of Employment Counseling, OCS and Vending Magazine and the Automatic Merchandiser. His research interests include leadership, team performance, task and relationship conflict, and incivility.
Tony teaches Full Time, Professional, International, and Online MBA students, MS students and undergraduate students. He specializes in teaching leadership, negotiations, and strategic HR courses. He is the Director for MS in Human Resources Program. He has been awarded the Fox Dean’s Teaching Fellow Award, the Temple Crystal Teaching Award, the Fox School of Business Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning Award, and has twice been awarded the Fox Blue Mouse Award for innovation in teaching. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology from the University of Dayton. He received his MBA from the University of Louisville and his PhD in Organizational Leadership from Regent University.
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T., & McClendon, J. (2013). Exploring the impact of situational background, emotional, and job search variables on coping with unemployment by drinking versus considering self-employment. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 28(3), 212-233.
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T., & McClendon, J. (2013). Correlates of life satisfaction and unemployment stigma and the impact of length of unemployment on a unique unemployed sample, Career Development International, 18(3), 257-280.
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T., & McClendon, J. (2013). Exploring the impact of demographic, personality and job reattainment variables on unemployment-delayed retirement intent. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 28(1), 13-29.
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T., & McClendon, J. (2012). Effects of layoff victims’ justice reactions and emotional responses on attitudes toward their previous employer. Career Development International, 17(6), 500-512.
- Petrucci, T. (2011).Divine empowerment of leaders in early Christianity. Emerging Leadership Journeys, 4(1), 58- 69.
- Innovative Use of Technology in the Classroom, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning, Fox School of Business — 2015, 2012, 2011
- Andrisani-Frank Undergraduate Teaching Award, Fox School of Business — 2015
- Faculty of the Year, Online MBA, Fox School of Business — 2014
- Dean’s Teaching Fellow, Fox School of Business — 2014
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Online MBA course: FIN 5001 Financial Analysis and StrategyHRM 5404, Leadership
- HRM 5112, Leading High Performing Teams
- HRM 1101, Leadership in Organization
- Philadelphia Business Journal. (August 29, 2014).
- Fox News. (September 19, 2012).
- British Psychology Society. (September 19, 2012).
- Main Street. (September 18, 2012).
- MPR News. (September 17, 2012).
- Yahoo News. (September 17, 2012).
- Business News Daily. (September 17, 2012).
- The Science Blog. (September 17, 2012).
- US News and World Report. (April 11, 2012).
- CBS Marketwatch. (May 2003).
- Northeast Times. (April 9, 2014).
- Philadelphia Inquirer. (February 9, 2014).
- HR Magazine. (November 1, 2012).
- HR Executive Magazine. (December 2009).
- Workforce Insights.com and Veritude.com. (May 2005).
- Workforce Management. (August 2004).
- Nations Restaurant News. (August 2003).
- HR Executive Magazine. (October 2002).
- CEO, Gravitas Board and Executive Search — 2010 – present
- Founder and President, Career Movement Leadership Consulting, Executive Coaching and Outplacement — 2008 – 2010
- Founder and President, Career Movement Executive Search — 2006 – 2010
- Vice President, Human Resources, Aramark — 2000 – 2006
- Senior Director, Human Resources, International, Aramark — 1999 – 2000
- Director, Human Resources, Aramark — 1998 – 1999