|Office:||Alter Hall 547|
|Research Interests:||Governance of Knowledge Intensive Organizations and Social Ventures, Organizational boundaries, the Social and Institutional Context of Entrepreneurship|
TL Hill is an Associate Professor in Strategic Management and Managing Director of the Fox Management Consulting Practice, the capstone residency for all Fox MBA students. As the Academic Director of the MBA, TL has also recently lead the transformation of the MBA to a competency-based models in which students complete a dozen live projects while developing the skills and judgment valued by employers.
TL’s research interests include the governance of knowledge intensive organizations and social ventures, the ways networks span organizational boundaries, the social and institutional context of entrepreneurship, and community economic development.
Prior to joining the Fox School, TL was a Managing Director for New Society Publishers, where he edited more than 30 books, and a strategic consultant for small and family-owned firms. TL has earned a PhD and an MBA from Temple University’s Fox School of Business and an A.B. in Religious Studies from Brown University.
- Hill, TL & Scott, Jonathan. 2014. Knows My Business: The Association between Preference for Relational Governance and Owners’ Choice of Banks. Journal of Small Business Management. In press.
- Hill, TL, Feinberg, Susan & Darendeli, Izzet Sidki. 2014. An institutional perspective on nonmarket strategies for a world in flux. In Lawton, Thomas C. & Rajwani, Tazeeb, eds., The Routledge Companion to Nonmarket Strategy. (NY: Routledge): xx-xx. In press.
- Hill, TL, Kothari, Tanvi & Shea, Matt. 2010. Patterns of meaning in the social entrepreneurship literature: semantic network analysis insights. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 1 (1): 5-31.
- Malach-Pines, Alaya, Haim Levy, Agnes Utasi, TL Hill. 2005. Entrepreneurs as cultural heroes: a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary perspective. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 20 (6): 541-555.
- Hill, TL and Barbara Ferman. 2004. The challenges of agenda conflict in higher-education-community research partnerships: Views from the community side. Journal of Urban Affairs 26 (2): 241-257.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Enterprise Management Consulting capstone
- Social Entrepreneurship Seminar
- Nonprofit Governance (Fox Board Fellows)
- Fox Full-Time* MBA Faculty of the Year — 2013
- Fox Full-Time* MBA Faculty of the Year — 2009
- MBA Teaching Excellence, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning — 2009
- Fox School Leader in Teaching and Innovation — 2009
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Teaching & Research Fellow —2007 – 2008
- Managing Director, Fox Management Consulting — 2000 – present
- Associate Director, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute, Temple University, Philadelphia — 2000 – 2001
- Director, Family Business Alliance, Temple University, Philadelphia — 1997 – 2000
- Management Consultant, Small Business Development Center, Temple University, Philadelphia —1996 –2000
- Turnaround Consultant, Monthly Review Press — 1995 – 1997
- Managing Director, New Society Publishers — 1985 – 1997
- Editorial Board, Peace News magazine — 1983 – 1984
- Project Coordinator, Providence Area Health Care Foundation — 1982 –1983