Title: Associate Professor (Research Track)
Department: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Office: Alter Hall 524
Research Interests: Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, International Business, Branding, Customer and Supplier Relationship Management
Susan M. Mudambi is Associate Professor of Marketing at the Fox School of Business, Temple University, and she has a secondary appointment in Management Information Systems. Her research addresses marketing strategy, international business. and the role of technology and social media in marketing.
Read More . . .
She has special expertise in customer and supplier relationship strategy, including branding, outsourcing and CRM. Her research is well-cited, with more than 1500 Google Scholar citations, and publications in MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Economic Geography, Industrial Marketing Management, and Journal of International Management. She has extensive teaching experience in undergraduate, MBA, executive and doctoral programs in the U.S. and Europe. Her managerial experience includes positions at Bell+Howell and IBM, and in the political arena as a lobbyist and analyst. She earned a BA from Miami University, a M.S. from Cornell University and a PhD from the University of Warwick.
- Haakonsson, Stine, Jensen, Peter Ørberg, and Susan M. Mudambi (2013), "A Co-Evolutionary Perspective on the Drivers of International Sourcing of Pharmaceutical R&D to India," Journal of Economic Geography, 13 (4), July, 677-700.
- Graf, Michael, Susan M. Mudambi, Bodo Schlegelmilch, and Stephen Tallman (2013), “Outsourcing of Customer Relationship Management: Implications for Customer Satisfaction,” Journal of Strategic Marketing, 21 (1), February, 68-81.
- DiRusso, David, Susan M. Mudambi, and David Schuff (2011), “Determinants of Prices in an Online Marketplace,” Journal of Product and Brand Management, 20 (5), September, 420-428.
- Chelekis, Jessica and Susan M. Mudambi (2010), “MNCs and Micro-Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies: The Case of Avon in the Amazon,” Journal of International Management, 16 (4), December, 412-424.
- Mudambi, Susan M. and Stephen Tallman (2010), “Make, Buy or Ally? Theoretical Perspectives on Knowledge Process Outsourcing Through Alliances,” Journal of Management Studies, 47 (8), December, 1434-1456.
- Mudambi, Susan M. and David Schuff (2010), “What Makes a Helpful Online Review? A Study of Customer Reviews on Amazon.com,” MIS Quarterly, 34 (1), March, 185-200.
- Makarem, Suzanne C., Susan M. Mudambi, and Jeffrey S. Podoshen (2009), “Satisfaction in Technology-Enabled Service Encounters,” Journal of Services Marketing, 23 (3), 134-144.
- Mudambi, Susan M., Terence A. Oliva, and Ellen F. Thomas (2009), “Industrial Marketing Firms and Knowledge Transfer: Toward a Basic Typology of Community Structures,” Industrial Marketing Management, 38 (2), February, 181-190.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Service Award, Fox School of Business Marketing & Supply Chain Management Department, 2014.
- Roundtable Member, Center for Innovation in Technology and Learning, Fox School of Business, Temple University, 2013-present.
- Crystal Apple Outstanding Teaching Award, Fox School of Business, 2013.
- Best Paper Award for the Emerging Markets Track of the 2012 American Marketing Association (AMA) Summer Educators’ Conference, August, Chicago, for the paper,“MNCs and Food Security in Emerging Markets: Provocations from India,” co-authored with Thomas Reardon and Bart Minten. $1000 prize.
- American Marketing Association (AMA) Professor of the Year (2010), awarded by the AMA Chapter of the Fox School of Business, Temple University.
- Outstanding Service Award, Fox School of Business Marketing Department, 2010.
- Emerging Scholar Award in Women’s Entrepreneurship (June 2010), sponsored by the International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship (IJGE) and Women in the Academy of International Business (WAIB), for the paper, “Direct Sales, Gender and Micro-Entrepreneurship in Amazonian Brazil”, co-authored with Jessica Chelekis.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Marketing Strategy - undergraduate, PhD
- Consumer Behavior - undergraduate, MBA
- Digital Marketing - undergraduate, MBA
- Sales & Sales Management - undergraduate
- International Marketing - undergraduate
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies