|Office:||Alter Hall 335|
|Research Interests:||LP Nonparametric Data Science; United Statistical Algorithm; Small and Big Data Modeling|
Dr. Subhadeep (Deep) Mukhopadhyay joins the faculty from Texas A&M University. His research – which has applications to Science, Engineering and Business – focuses on building a coherent framework for unified algorithms of data science applicable for both Small and Big Data with increasingly complex structures: univariate, bivariate, time series, spatial, and high dimension. He is also interested in developing timely course curriculum to address the Big Data talent gap.
Dr. Mukhopadhyay has published in the A-level journal Annals of Statistics and has several working papers. His 10 invited presentations include those at Merck Research Laboratories, Bell Laboratories, Michigan State University and the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Mukhopadhyay’s honors include Best Student Paper Awards from the Section on Nonparametric Statistics of the American Statistical Association and Best Poster and Presentation honor by Google at the SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) International Conference on Data Mining. He received his Master’s degree in Statistics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) and his Bachelor’s of Statistics from the University of Calcutta.
- Mukhopadhyay, S. and Parzen, E. (2014) LP Approach to Statistical Modeling.
- Parzen, E. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2013) United Statistical Algorithms, LP Comoment,Copula Density, Nonparametric Modeling. 59th ISI World
Statistics Congress (WSC), Hong.
- Lahiri, S.N. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2012) On the Mahalanobis-distance based Penalized Empirical Likelihood Method in High Dimensions. Statistics and Its Interface, 5, 331-338.
- Lahiri, S.N. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2012) Penalized Empirical Likelihood method for High Dimension. Annals of Statistics, 5, 2511-2540.
- 2014: Winner IEEE International Biometric Eye Movements Verification and Identification Competition.
- 2010: Best Student Paper, Section on Nonparametric Statistics of ASA, JSM, Vancouver, Canada.
- 2008: Sangeeta Pradhan Memorial Gold Medal: Outstanding all-round achievement among all disciplines of the Master of Science Programs in IIT Kanpur.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Stat 8001, Probability & Stat Theory I
- Stat 8002, Probability & Stat Theory II
- Stat 2103, Business Statistics