Richard M. Heiberger
Richard M. Heiberger
Title: Professor Emeritus
Office: Speakman Hall 332
Research Interests: Data Visualization, Statistical Graphics, Statistical Computation
Richard M. Heiberger is a Professor of Statistics in the Fox School. He received his B.A. from Oberlin College in 1967 and his Ph.D. in Statistics from Harvard University in 1972.
Read More . . .
He teaches graduate courses in statistical methodology, statistical computing, and design of experiments, and supervises doctoral dissertations in Statistics. He was Graduate Chair for the Department of Statistics from 1983 to 1987 and Acting Associate Vice Provost for the University in 1989 to 1990. Professor Heiberger has co-authored the graduate-level textbook Statistical Analysis and Data Display: An Intermediate Course with Examples in S-Plus, R and SAS, published by Springer in summer 2004, with a second edition scheduled for 2015. He has also published the text R through Excel: A Spreadsheet Interface for Statistics, Data Analysis, and Graphics, coauthored by Erich Neuwirth, and published by Springer in 2009. Professor Heiberger has served as statistics consultant at Bell Labs and at GlaxoSmithKline. He has taught short courses at the annual Joint Statistical Meetings and in industry. He is an elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association.
- Heiberger, R., Holland, B. (2015). Statistical Analysis and Data Display: An Intermediate Course with Examples in R (Second Edition, pp. 900). New York: Springer.
- Heiberger, R., Neuwirth, E. (2009). R through Excel: A Spreadsheet Interface for Statistics, Data Analysis, and Graphics (pp. 368). New York, NY: Springer.
- Heiberger, R., Robbins, N. B. (2014). Design of Diverging Stacked Bar Charts for Likert Scales and Other Applications. Journal of Statistical Software, 57(5), 1-32
- Heiberger, R., Symanzik, J., Robbins, N. B. (2014). Observations from the Winners of the 2013 Statistics Poster Competition Praise and Future Improvements. The Statistics Teacher Network (83), 2-5.
- Heiberger, R. M., Holland, B. S. (2004). Statistical Analysis and Data Display: An Intermediate Course with Examples in S-Plus, R, and SAS (pp. 754).
Recent Awards and Honors
- Chair of the Statistical Computing Section of the American Statistical Association, 2011
- Faculty Mentor for the Future of Instructional Technology, Office of the Provost, Temple University, June 2010
- Fellow, American Statistical Association, 2003
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Experimental Method I, II & III
- Statistical Computing I & II
- Experimental Design I
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies