Title: Research Professor
Department: Statistical Science
Office: Speakman Hall 341
Research Interests: Choice Based Conjoint Analysis, Experimental Design, Quality Assurance
Pallavi Chitturi is a Research Professor in the Department of Statistics and Director of the Center for Statistical Analysis. Dr. Chitturi teaches statistics courses at The Fox School of Business and for the EMBA programs in Philadelphia and Cali, Colombia. She also teaches for the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (EDBA) program at Fox, and serves as the Associate Academic Director of the program. She has taught for the Study Abroad Program at Temple University – Rome.
Dr. Chitturi’s research interests are in the areas of choice based conjoint analysis, experimental design, and quality assurance. Dr. Chitturi has made several research presentations at national and international conferences, and has published articles in statistics and quality management journals. Dr. Chitturi has successfully supervised Ph.D. dissertations and published a book titled ‘Choice Based Conjoint Analysis – Models and Designs’.
Dr. Chitturi is a recipient of the Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award, the Andrisani-Frank Undergraduate Teaching Award, and the Crystal Apple Teaching Award. She was named a Dean’s Teaching Fellow for innovation in teaching and excellence in the classroom. Dr. Chitturi was awarded 3 grants from the U.S. Navy’s Naval Logistics Readiness Research Center and one grant from the Office of The Vice-Provost for Research at Temple University.
- Chen, J., Chitturi, P. (2012). Choice Experiments for Estimating Main Effects and Two Factor Interactions. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. Vol. 142, Issue 2, 390 – 396.
- Cheng, A., Peterson, J., Chitturi, P. (2011). A Confidence Region for Zero-Gradient Solutions for Robust Parameter Design Experiments. International Journal of Quality, Statistics, and Reliability. Vol. 2011, 11 pages.
- Chitturi, R., Chitturi, P., Raghavarao, D. (2010). Design for Synergy with Brand or Price Information. Psychology and Marketing. Vol. 27, Issue 7, 679-697.
- Chitturi, P., Gershon, M., Chen, J., Boyarski, J. (2010). Identification and Classification of Intermittent Demand Patterns. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, Vol. 6, Issue 3, 304-317.
- Chitturi, P. (2009). Choice Based Conjoint Analysis of Quality of Life Attributes. The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning, Vol. 5, Num.1.
Awards and Honors
- Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award (2015)
- Provost's Teaching Academy, Temple University (2014)
- Provost's Leadership Academy, Temple University (2013)
- Founding member of the Provost's Undergraduate Mentors (2013)
- Andrisani-Frank Teaching Award, Fox School of Business and Management. (May 2008).
- Crystal Apple Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Fox School of Business. (October 2008).
- Dean's Teaching Fellow, Fox School Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning. (2006, 2007).
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- STAT 5801, Statistical Analysis for Management, EMBA Philadelphia & Cali, Colombia
- BA 9813 Problem Solving using Quantitative Research Methods, EDBA program
- STAT 2103, Business Statistics, Undergraduate Large Section