Title: Assistant Professor (Teaching/Instructional Track)
Department: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Office: Alter Hall 515
Research Interests: Freight Transportation, Network optimization, Green Transport/ Sustainability, Project Management
Dr. Mittal’s Curriculum Vitae
Neha Mittal is an Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Fox. Her research focuses on freight transportation, transportation sustainability, network optimization, logistics, and project management. She has published in highly ranked journals such Journal of Transport Policy, Transport Reviews, Transportation Research Record (National Academy of Sciences), Research in Transportation Economics, International Journal of Production Research, etc.
Read More . . .
During her graduate program, she has worked on prestigious projects funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal Highway Authority (FHWA), and Port Authority of New York/New Jersey (PANYNJ). She has made several presentations at national and international level and has chaired conference sessions. Neha serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for a number of journals. Prior to joining Temple University, she taught as a visiting faculty at Rutgers Business School, NJ. Dr. Mittal has won many awards for excellence in education in her bachelors and graduate degree programs. She earned the highest honors in her Bachelor's program and was awarded six gold medals for her outstanding academic performance at Gujarat University. At Temple University, Neha is the recipient of 'Excellence in Teaching' Award (2013) and 'Service Award' (2014) in recognition of her outstanding service in promoting supply chain management and student mentoring in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management. Neha received her Doctorate in Transportation Engineering from Rutgers University in October of 2008, M.S. in 2004 and her Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from Gujarat University, India, in 2000.
- “Incorporating Maritime Stakeholder Perspectives for Implementing an ‘Inland-Depots-for-Empty-Containers’ System Using an Analytic Hierarchy Process”, International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (IJISSCM), Vol. 6, Issue 1, 2013 (with M. Boile, A. Baveja, S. Theofanis)
- “Determining Optimal Inland-Empty-Container Depot Locations under Stochastic Demand”, Research in Transportation Economics, Special Issue on ‘Freight Transportation and Sustainability’, Volume 42, Issue 1, 2013, pp. 50-60. (with M. Boile, A. Baveja, S. Theofanis)
- “A collaborative framework to minimize knowledge loss in new product development”, International Journal of Production Research, Special issue on ‘Knowledge Management and Supporting Tools for Collaborative Networks’, Volume 51, Issue 7, 2013, p. 11 (with R. Shankar, S. Rabinowitz, A. Baveja, S. Acharia)
- “Active Excel Models to Teach Location and the Center-of-Gravity Method”, Operations Management Education Review (OMER), Volume 6, 2012 (with H. Weiss)
- “Regional Repositioning of Empty Containers: A Case for Inland Depots,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board (National Academy of Sciences), Issue 2066, 2008, pp. 31-40, (with Boile, M., S. Theofanis, A. Baveja)
- “Urban Transport Trends and Policies in China and India: Impacts of Rapid Economic Growth”, Journal of Transport Reviews, Vol. 27, No. 4, July 2007, pp. 379-410 (with Pucher J., Peng Z.R., Yi W., Korattyswaroopam N.) (Impact factor: 1.030)
- “Urban Transportation Crisis in India”, Journal of Transport Policy, Volume 12, Issue 3, 2005, pp 185-198, (with Pucher J, Korattyswaroopam N., Ittyerah N.) (Impact factor: 1.024)
Recent Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University, May 2014
- Merit Award, Temple University - March 2013, March 2014
- Award for ‘Excellence in Teaching’, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University, May 2013
- NEX-GIFT Research Grant Award, UKIERI, March 2013
- Six Gold Medals, University Topper in Bachelor of Engineering, Gujarat University, India, June 2000
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Management Science/ Operations Management (MSOM)
- Transportation and Logistics Management
- Project Management: eMBA program at Temple University Japan (TUJ)
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies