Title: H.F. “Gerry” Lenfest Professorship in Entrepreneurship and Innovation & Professor
Department: Strategic Management
Office: Alter Hall 543
Research Interests: Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Emerging Markets
Dr. Sarkar’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. MB Sarkar is H.F. “Gerry” Lenfest Professor of Entrepreneurship & Innovation in the Department of Strategic Management at the Fox School of Business. He is also the co-Coordinator of the SGM PhD program and founding Academic Director of Fox’s Global Immersion Program in Emerging Markets. He received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University (1999) and is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and St. Stephen's College, New Delhi (Economics).
Read More . . .
MB is a renowned scholar of Strategic Management, and a highly decorated teacher. In 2013, he received the Great Teacher Award, Temple University’s highest honor. His research on innovation, technology entrepreneurship, inter-organizational relationships and emerging markets has been published in several top-tier journals including the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Management Science, Organization Science, Journal of Business Venturing, and Journal of International Business Studies. MB currently serves on the Editorial Review Boards of the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal and the Global Strategy Journal. He has won several research awards, including the Academy of Management Journal 2004 Best Paper Award.
- Weigelt, C., Sarkar, MB. (2012): Performance Implications of Outsourcing for Technological Innovations: Managing the Efficiency and Adaptability Trade-Off, Strategic Management Journal, 33(2): 189-216.
- Sarkar MB, Echambadi R, Agarwal R, Sen B. 2006. The effect of the innovative environment on exit of entrepreneurial rms. Strategic Management Journal, 27(6): 519–539.
- Agarwal R, Echambadi R, Franco A, Sarkar MB. 2004. Knowledge transfer through inheritance: spin-out generation, development and survival. Academy of Management Journal, 47(4): 501-522.
- Sarkar, MB, Echambadi, R., Harrison, J. 2001. Alliance Entrepreneurship and Firm Market Performance. Strategic Management Journal, 22: 701-711.
- Sarkar, MB, Butler B., Steineld C. 1995. Intermediaries and cybermediaries: A continuing role for mediating players in the electronic marketplace. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 1(3).
Recent Awards and Honors
- Editoral board of AMJ, SMJ and GSJ
- 2004 Best Paper Award, Academy of Management Journal
- 2000 Best Dissertation Award, Academy of Marketing Sciences
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Global Strategy
- Strategic Innovation
- Winning in Emerging Markets
- PhD Seminar on "Management of Technological Innovation"
In the News
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies