|Office:||Speakman Hall 201A|
|Research Interests:||Strategic IT Management in the Public Sector; Technology-Enabled Public Policies|
Pang, M.-S. (2017) “Politics and Information Technology Investments in the U.S. Federal Government in 2003-2016,” Information Systems Research (28:1) pp. 33-45.
Pang, M.-S., Tafti, A., and Krishnan, M.S. (2016) “Do CIO IT Budgets Explain Bigger or Smaller Governments? – Theory and Evidence from U.S. State Governments,” Management Science (62:4) pp. 1020-1041.
Pang, M.-S., Tafti, A., and Krishnan, M.S. (2014) “Information Technology and Administrative Efficiency in U.S. State Governments – A Stochastic Frontier Approach,” MIS Quarterly (38:4) pp. 1079-1101.
Etzion, H. and Pang, M.-S. (2014) “Complementary Online Services in Competitive Markets: Maintaining Profitability in the Presence of Network Effects,” MIS Quarterly (38:1), pp. 231-248.
Pang, M.-S. and Etzion, H. (2012) “Analyzing Pricing Strategies for Online Services with Network Effects,” Information Systems Research (23:4), pp. 1364-1377.
Refereed Publications in Top-Tier Journals
- Pang, M.-S., Lee, G., and DeLone, W. (2014) “IT Resources, Organizational Capabilities, and Value Creation in the Public Sector Organizations – Public Value Management Perspective,” Journal of Information Technology (29:3), pp. 187-205.
Refereed Publications in AIS Senior Scholars’ Basket of Journals
- Pang, M.-S. (2014) “IT Governance and Business Value in the Public Sector Organizations – The Role of Elected Representatives in IT Governance and Its Impact on IT Value in U.S. State Governments,” Decision Support Systems (59:1), pp. 274-285.
- Pang, M.-S., Suh, W., Kim, J.-H., and Lee, H. (2009) “A Benchmarking-Based Requirement Analysis Methodology for Improving Websites,” International Journal of Electronic Commerce (13:3), pp. 119-162.
Other Refereed Journal Publications
- Pang, M.-S., Suh, W., Hong, J., Kim, J.-H., and Lee, H. (2009) “The Use of Website Quality Metrics in the Era of Web 2.0” in Handbook of Research on Web 2.0, 3.0, and X.0: Technologies, Business, and Social Applications, Murugesan, S. (ed.), 2010, Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Refereed Book Chapters
- Pang, M.-S. (2015) “Is IT Worth It? Yes! – What State Government Leaders Need to Know About Returns on IT Investments,” The IBIT Report, Institute for Business and Information Technology, Temple University.
- Association for the Information Systems (AIS) Best Information Information Systems Publication Award of 2017 – “Politics and Information Technology Investments in the U.S. Federal Government in 2003-2016,” Information Systems Research (sole-authored article)
- Best Published Paper Award of 2017- “Politics and Information Technology Investments in the U.S. Federal Government in 2003-2016“
- Outstanding Reviewer of the Year Award 2015
- Outstanding Associate Editor Award 2017
- Temple President Englert mentions my research on police technology in his State of the University Address on Sep. 29, 2016
- Milton F. Stauffer Research Fellow, 2018 – current
- Fox School of Business Dean’s Research Honor Roll – Top Researchers in July 2013 – June 2015
- Ross School of Business, Doctoral Studies Fellowship, 2006 – 2011
- Information Systems Executive Forum (ISEF) Fellowship, 2006 – 2011
- Gilbert and Ruth Whitaker Fellowship, 2011
- Robert D. and Janet E. Neary Fellowship, 2009
- Rackham Conference Travel Grant, 2007 – 2010
Association for the Information Systems (AIS)
Information Systems Research
International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS)
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- The New York Times Magazine, “Should We See Everything a Cop Sees?,” Oct. 18, 2016
- The Wall Street Journal Law Blog, “Study Links Police Bodycams to Increase in Shooting Deaths,” Aug. 12, 2016
- Computerworld, “Cobol Plays Major Role in U.S. Government Breaches,” Mar. 16, 2017
- Computerworld, “Politics Blamed for Feds’ Reliance on Old IT,” Aug. 3, 2016
- Computerworld, “$1 Spent on State Government Tech Saves $3.50, Study Finds,” Dec. 24, 2014
- Federal Computer Week, “Study Pegs Security Benefits of New IT Spending,” Apr. 10, 2017
- Federal Computer Week, “Politics Blamed for Feds’ Reliance on Old IT,” Dec. 9, 2016
- Federal Computer Week, “Fed IT Suffers under Divided Government,” Nov. 1, 2016
- Nextgov, “MGT Act Looks Promising But…,” Jun. 8, 2017
Cyberscoop, “Legacy IT Makes Federal Agencies Less Secure, Study Says,” Mar. 20, 2017
- San Antonio Express-News, “Hurd Leading Effort to Modernize Government Computers,” May 16, 2017
- Inside Higher Ed, “Is a Gun the Only Option?,” Sep. 19, 2017
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Information Technology Management (Part-Time MBA Core) Recent Evaluation Average – 4.80 / 5.0 (4.94 in Spring 2018)
- Managing Information in the Enterprise (Executive MBA) Recent Evaluation Average – 4.59 / 5.0
- MIS Doctoral Seminar (Economic Research on Strategic Management of IT)
- Strategic Management of Information Technology (Undergraduate Elective for MIS Majors and Minors) Recent Evaluation Average – 4.56 / 5.0
- Data Science (Undergraduate General Education – Science and Technology Area) Recent Evaluation Average – 4.49 / 5.0
School of Business, George Mason University
- Management and Control of Information Systems
- Introduction to Business Information Systems