Title: Associate Professor & Chair of Legal Studies in Business
Department: Legal Studies in Business
Office: Alter Hall 412
Research Interests: Real Estate Law and Land Use Policy, Employment Law, International Law
Professor Valenza’s Curriculum Vitae
B.S.F.S. (Georgetown), M.A. (U. of Pennsylvania), J.D. (Temple). Post-graduate studies in taxation and estate planning. Extensive law firm (complex civil litigation) and corporate law department experience. Licensed Pennsylvania title insurance agent. Contributing editor for the Real Estate Law Journal. Has taught both undergraduate and graduate legal studies courses at Temple’s main campus, as well as executive MBA courses at Temple’s Japan and Singapore programs.
- CIGNA v. Amara: Supreme Court Resolves Several ERISA Claim Issues While Leaving Others for the Lower Courts, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law (13:1), 2011.
- Accuracy Is Not a Lot to Ask: Decisions in the Second and Third Circuits Set the Tone for Litigation Over Conflicts Between ERISA Plan Documents and Summaries, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law (6:2), 2005.
- Telework and the ADA: IS Working at Home Finally a Reasonable Accommodation, U.C. Davis Business Law Journal, 2004.
- (with James Lammendola) Practicing Fair Housing Principles in Southeastern Pennsylvania before the 1968 Fair Housing Act: Margaret H. Collins and Suburban Fair Housing, Inc., Atlantic Law Journal (11), 2009.
- Digests of Selected Articles, Real Estate Law Journal (2009 – present): Multiple Topics
Awards and Honors
- Andrisani-Frank Undergraduate Teaching Award
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Business Ethics
- International Law
- Honors Law for Business