|Office:||Alter Hall A333H|
A business professional with 30+ years of experience gained at Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies, Mike Guglielmo has held numerous positions in a myriad of disciplines throughout his career. He has held officer, mid-management, and staff positions in Accounting, Finance, Materials Management, Operations, Information Technology, and Human Resources throughout his career, and draws from this eclectic mix of experience and knowledge in dealing with the daily challenges of corporate America. He is a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and holds a MBTI® Certification as well. In 2011, Mike was named HR Person of the Year for the Philadelphia area.
Mike is currently Vice President of Human Resources for the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast Division of Genesis HealthCare, a $5 billion enterprise with nearly 80,000 employees. Genesis provides skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation therapy services at over 1,500 sites in 45 states. Mike also has oversight responsibilities for CareerStaff Unlimited, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Healthcare), and one of the nation’s leading providers of temporary staffing services to the healthcare industry. CareerStaff Unlimited has over 3,000 active staff members servicing over 2,500 clients in 25 states.
Mike has also been an adjunct instructor in the Human Resource Department at the Fox School of Business and Management of Temple University since 1989, He has developed two undergraduate courses – “Organizational Staffing and Career Development” and “HR Metrics” – and received a Teacher of the Year Award for Instructional Innovation in 1999 and Adjunct Teacher of the Year Award in 2010. He has instructed at Temple’s Singapore and Tokyo campuses; and since 2003, has taught a graduate level course in HR at Institut de Gestion Sociale (IGS) in Paris. Mike also serves as Chairman of Temple University’s HR / Business Roundtable and received the Alumni of the Year Award from the HR Department of Temple University’s Fox School of Business in 2012.
Mike received his BS in Marketing/Management from Saint Joseph’s University, and his MBA in Human Resources from Temple University. He is a member of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management), IHRIM (International Association for Human Resource Information Management), and PSPS (Philadelphia Society for Planning and Strategy). He is also a member of Profiles International’s Client Advisory Council; and served on the Board of Advisors for the YMCA in Kennett Square, PA, as Board Member, Treasurer, Chairman, and Past Chairman from 2008-2014.
- Talent Assessment – Making the Quality of Hire Difference – August 16, 2012 – Webinar – Aberdeen Group (delivered with Mollie Lombardi, Research Director – Human Capital Management, Aberdeen Group and Jack Kramer, Vice President of Field Operations for SkillSurvey)
- Making the Business Case for Right-Sizing Recruiting – May 1, 2012 – Human Capital Institute – New York, NY (delivered with Loren Moore, Manager, Talent Acquisition, Vertex and moderated by Harry Griendling, Founder & CEO, DoubleStar, Inc.)
- Taking a New Look at Talent Management in Healthcare – April 19, 2012 – Webinar – Bersin & Associates (delivered with Kim Lamoureux, Senior Director Research Practices and Principal Analyst at Bersin & Associates)
- Assessment Methods and Processes Used to Identify Top Internal Talent – December 6, 2011 – The Talent Acquisition Leadership Alliance Philadelphia, PA
- Talent 2012: Measuring the Impact of Talent Management on Corporate Sustainability – December 6, 2011 – Webinar – Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society
- Succession Preparation Made Simpler – Using Metrics to Customize Talent Development – September 23, 2011 – Evanta HR Leadership Summit – Philadelphia, PA (delivered with Jeanne Phillips, CHRO, Genesis HealthCare)
- Talent 2011: Measuring the Impact of Talent Management on Corporate Sustainability – September 15, 2011 – Profiles International Client Conference Dallas TX
- Making Talent Management Relevant to the Business – Linking Talent and Business Outcomes – April 5, 2011 – Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society King of Prussia, PA
- Executive Recruiting – What’s Next for Recruiting Leaders? – DoubleStar Conference – August 2012 – Paoli, PA
- Using Metrics to Customize Talent Development – October 17, 2012 – IEEC Knowledge Learning Series Event – Singapore
- Executive Recruiting – What’s Next for Recruiting Leaders? – Salevson-Stetson Conference – December 2012 – Paoli, PA
- Member SHRM, ASTD, PSPS (current)
- Member Client Advisory Council – Profiles International (current)
- Chairman of Temple University’s HR / Business Roundtable (current)
- Board of Advisors for the YMCA in Kennett Square, PA. Served as Board Member, Treasurer, Chairman, and Past Chairman – 2008 through 2014
- Alumni of the Year Award (HR Department) – Fox School of Business, Temple University – April 2012
- HR Person of the Year for the Philadelphia area – May 2011
- Adjunct Teacher of the Year Award (HR Department) – Fox School of Business, Temple University – November 2010
- Developed an HR Metrics course and co-developed a Human Resource Information System course for exclusive use at Temple University. Students learn consultative HR partnering techniques using information analysis tools to solve business problems in staffing, succession planning, retention, compensation and benefits, outsourcing, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as developing a business-linked HR dashboard.
- Courses include: Introduction to Management, Introduction to Human Resources, Organizational Staffing (HRIS offering), Leadership Best Practices, and HR Metrics at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Guest lecturer for Executive MBA classes at Temple University Tokyo campus (2002) and instructor at Singapore Campus (2012-present)
- Instructor for Graduate level HR courses at IGS Paris campus (2003-present).