Mark E. Gershon
Department: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Office: Alter Hall 533
Research Interests: Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, Multiple Criteria Decision Making
Professor Gershon teaches Operations Management and electives in Project Management and Lean Six Sigma. He has published widely in these areas, having written approximately 50 research journal articles and three books. His teaching has been cited as among the best in the school, where he has won the Lindback Award for outstanding teaching.
Read More . . .
Outside of Temple, he is on the editorial boards of four journals and consults to industry. Companies on every continent invite him regularly, and from this he brings many realistic situations and a broad experience into the classroom. People really use the research that he has developed. He holds the Ph.D. degree in Engineering from the University of Arizona and is certified as a registered Professional Engineer (PE), a Project Management Professional (PMP), and a Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
- Gershon, M. (Accepted April 2013). Using Earned Value Analysis to Manage Projects. To appear in Journal of Applied Business and Economics.
- Gershon, M., Rajashekharaiah, J. (2013). How Many Steps to Quality? From Deming to DMAIC. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 11(4), 475-489.
- Gershon, M., Hu, L., Bai, C., Zhou, C. (2013). Evaluating and Selection of Key Performance Measures for Business Process Managmement Using a Neighborhood Rough Set Methodology. Information and Management.
- Gershon, M. (2011). Double LEAN: A New Approach to Implement Lean Six Sigma Projects. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 12(6), 26-31.
- Chitturi, P., Gershon, M., Chen, J., Boyarski, J. (2010). Identification and Classification of Intermittent Demand Patterns. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 6(3), 304-317.
- Gershon, M., Bai, C., Wei, X. (2010). Comparison of Fuzzy Buffer Size Algorithms in Critical Chian Scheduling. Information and Management, 13(3).
- Gershon, M., Bai, C., Wei, X. (2010). Fuzzy Critical Chain Method Based on Genetic Algorithm for Project Scheduling. Information and Management, 13(3).
- Gershon, M. (2010). Linking Quality Management to Organizational Governance. Journal of Management, 1(1), 17-24.
Awards and Honors
- Lindback Award
- Best Paper Award, NBES Conference, 2009, Puerto Rico
- Keynote Speaker, Conference on Information And Decisions, 2002, Xian, China.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Six Sigma/Process Improvement (Black Belt)