Title: Assistant Professor (Research)
Department: Legal Studies
Office: Alter Hall 406b
Research Interests: employment law, business law, law and linguistics, work-family conflict, sex discrimination, race and the law, and public policy
Professor Eisenstadt’s Curriculum Vitae
Leora Eisenstadt is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Legal Studies at the Fox School of Business at Temple University. She teaches in both the Honors Program and in the Fox Undergraduate Program. Prior to joining the faculty at the Fox School, Professor Eisenstadt spent two years as a Freedman Teaching Fellow and Lecturer in Law at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law. Professor Eisenstadt’s areas of scholarship and interest include employment law, business law, law and linguistics, work-family conflict, sex discrimination, race and the law, and public policy.
Read More . . .
Professor Eisenstadt received her J.D., cum laude from New York University School of Law and her B.A. in History, cum laude from Yale University. From 2003 to 2004, she was a Fulbright Fellow in Israel studying sex equality and the development of Israeli equal employment opportunity law. She served as a two-year law clerk to the Honorable R. Barclay Surrick in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and spent several years in the Labor & Employment Group at Dechert LLP litigating cases and counseling clients in employment discrimination issues, general employment matters, and Title IX-related litigation.
- Putting Causation in Context: But For Causation in Employment Discrimination and Criminal Law (accepted by Berkeley J. Emp. & Lab. L. for 2015 publication)
- The N-Word at Work: Contextualizing Language in the Workplace, Berkeley J. Emp. & Lab. L. (2013).
- Privileged but Equal? A Comparison of U.S. and Israeli Notions of Sex Equality in Employment Law, Vand. J. Transnat’l L. (2007).
- Separation of Church and Hospital: Strategies to Protect Pro-Choice Physicians in Religiously-Affiliated Hospitals, Yale J.L. & Feminism (2003).
- The Ever-Expanding World of Retaliation: The Supreme Court Continues the Trend, BNA Daily Labor Report (June 2011) (with Alan D. Berkowitz)
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Legal Environment of Business (LAW 1101, 1901)
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies