Title: Assistant Professor (Practice)
Department: Legal Studies in Business
Office: Alter Hall 406A
Research Interests: Arbitration, Mediation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Civil Litigation
Kathleen L. Daerr-Bannon, JD.., assistant professor (practice) of Legal Studies at the Fox School of Business since 2001, has been recognized by her peers in The Best Lawyers in America since 2011 in arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution. Considered the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, Best Lawyers is based on 3 million votes from more than 39,000 leading attorneys.
Read More . . .
Daerr-Bannon is also featured in “Who’s Who in Business Academia” on AcademicKeys.com, deemed the most comprehensive and authoritative online source of information on leading business experts in higher education.
Daerr-Bannon, who earned her JD from Temple’s Beasley School of Law, has over 25 years of experience in practice as an attorney in civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She has litigated in numerous courts and has served nationwide and in London as a commercial arbitrator, mediator and consultant.
Throughout her entire career, Daerr-Bannon has received the highest rating for legal ability and professional ethics by legal peers with the Martindale-Hubbell’s "AV" Peer Review Rating.
Since joining Temple’s faculty in 2001, Daerr-Bannon has taught at Main Campus, Ambler and online, as well as in India and Japan, the Legal Studies capstone, litigation, business ethics and business law courses generally. She has published in a number of practice journals and publications and is a regular contributor for Westlaw's Causes of Action.
- Daerr-Bannon, K. (2013). Cause of Action Under 42 USC 1983 for Use of Excessive Force by Police in Making Arrest. Causes of Action.
- Daerr-Bannon, K. (2012). Cause of Action for Award of Attorney’s Fees Pursuant to the Equal Access to Justice Act (28 U.S.C.A. Section 2412) When Offset is Claimed. Causes of Action.
- (Daerr-Bannon, K. (Accepted January 2014). Cause of Action for Coverage Under "Key Man" Life Insurance. (Accepted for publication and will appear in Causes of Action)
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Law 4596 - Legal Research Writing and Advocacy, writing intensive capstone
- Law 3508 - The Litigation Process
- Law 1101 - Legal Environment of Business
- Law 5801 - Business Ethics (TUJ EMBA)
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies