James M. Lammendola
Title: Assistant Professor of Practice
Department: Legal Studies in Business
Office: Alter Hall 406C
Research Interests: Fair Housing Legislation, Real Estate Sales Disclosures, Land Use, Real Estate Finance
Professor Lammendola’s Curriculum Vitae
James M. Lammendola’s path in life led him from private practice to the classroom. Professor Lammendola transitioned from a long-time adjunct to full-time teaching in 2008. He spent nineteen years of his legal practice career at the law firm of Bongiovanni & Berger in Center City Philadelphia.
Read More . . .
Professor Lammendola represented business large and small with concentrations in debt collection, real estate, and criminal defense work---making frequent appearances before the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas and Municipal Court. His research interests include real estate sales disclosures, fair housing legislation, real estate financing and land use. He has co-authored articles that have appeared in The Practical Real Estate Lawyer and Atlantic Law Journal. He also co-authors quarterly articles for the Legal Intelligencer which examine Pennsylvania appellate court decisions in various aspects of real estate law. These articles are designed to enlighten lawyers on how to better represent their clients based on evolving legal principles. He has presented at the Tri-State Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Mid-Atlantic Academy of Legal Studies in Business and the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business. Lammendola earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history from Temple University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa. He teaches a variety of courses in real estate and business law including appointments in the Honors and MBA programs.
- Commonwealth Court Considers Eminent Domain and Act 70. Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on August 29, 2012. Vol P 2307, pages 5, 8-9.
- Practicing Fair Housing Principles in Southeastern Pennsylvania before the 1968 Fair Housing Act: Margaret H. Collins and Suburban Fair Housing, Inc. Atlantic Law Journal, Volume 11, pages 107-143 , 2009. (Co-Author Michael A. Valenza)
- 'Good Faith' Not a Defense in Granting Attorney Fees Under CSPA, The Legal Intelligencer, a publication of American Lawyers Media, August 5, 2014 Vol P. 1811, pages 7-8 (co-author Harper J. Dimmerman).
- Lend With Caution: Open-Ended Construction Mortgages in Danger of Losing Lien Priority to Mechanics Lien Claimants. Legal Intelligencer, a Publication of American Lawyer’s Media on May 21, 2012. Vol P 3191, pages 5,8. (co-author Harper J. Dimmerman)
- Voluntary Real Estate Auctions: Understanding the Process and its Practical and Legal Pitfalls: Volume 25, Number 6, pages 23-27, November 2009 Practical Real Estate Lawyer, a publication of the American Law Institute. (Co-Author Michael A. Valenza)
- The Pennsylvania Real Estate Seller Disclosure Law: Does it Require Disclosure of Off-Site and Onsite Nonphysical Conditions? Pennsylvania Law Weekly, Real Estate Supplement; March 24, 2008. (Co-Author Michael A. Valenza)
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Full-Time MBA Faculty of the Year
- 2013 Honorable Mention: Andrisani-Frank Teaching Award
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Real Estate Practice
- Law of Contractual Obligations
- The Legal Environment in Business (Honors)
- Business, Ethics and Society
- Global MBA: Business Law