|Office:||Alter Hall 456|
|Research Interests:||Audit Quality, Auditor litigation, Regulation, Corporate Governance, International Audit, and Fraudulent Financial Reporting|
Jagan Krishnan is a Professor and Merves Senior Research Fellow in the department of Accounting. He is the coordinator of the Ph.D. program in Accounting and teaches undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses in auditing. He has over 30 years of teaching and professional experience in auditing and consulting.
After completing a doctorate at the Ohio State University, he joined Temple in 1991. He is the recipient of the 2003 Musser Award for Leadership in Teaching and the 2000 Beta Alpha Psi Teacher of the Year Award. His research interests are in the areas of audit quality, corporate governance, auditor litigation, regulation, and fraudulent financial reporting. He is an editor of Accounting Horizons (one of the three association-wide journals published by the American Accounting Association) and currently serves on the editorial boards of The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance and Current Issues in Auditing. He has published articles in academic journals including The Accounting Review, Review of Accounting Studies, Contemporary Accounting Research, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Accounting Horizons, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, and Journal of Accounting and Public Policy. He is listed among prolific auditing researchers by two different studies. Prior to entering academia, he worked in the audit and consulting divisions of affiliates of Ernst & Young and KPMG.
- Krishnan, Jagan, Jayanthi Krishnan, and Hakjoon Song. 2017. PCAOB International Inspections and Audit Quality. The Accounting Review (forthcoming).
- Baber, William R., Jagan Krishnan, and Yinqi Zhang. 2014. Investor Perceptions of the Earnings Quality Consequences of Hiring an Affiliated Auditor. Review of Accounting Studies 19 (1): 69–102.
- Krishnan, Jagan, Chan Li, and Qian Wang. 2013. Auditor Industry Expertise and Cost of Equity. Accounting Horizons 27 (4): 667–691.
- Ye, Z. Shelly, Dana Hermanson, and Jagan Krishnan. 2013. Shareholder Voting in Director Elections and Initial SOX Section 404 Reports. Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance 28 (2), April, 103–127.
- Fung, Simon Y.K., Ferdi A. Gul, and Jagan Krishnan. 2012. City-Level Auditor Industry Specialization, Economies of Scale and Audit Pricing. The Accounting Review 87 (4), July, 1281–1307.
- Editor: Accounting Horizons
- Editorial Boards: The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Accounting Horizons, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, and Current Issues in Auditing.
- Listed among leading archival audit researchers (BYU Research Ranking System).
- PwC INQuires Program Grant (with Jayanthi Krishnan and Hakjoon Song), 2009.
- Merves Senior Research Fellow in recognition of achievements in research, Fox School of Business and Management, Temple University (2007 to present).
- Dean’s Research Honor Roll in recognition of outstanding research in the past year, Fox School of Business and Management, Temple University, October 2007.
- Harris, Erica, and Jagan Krishnan. 2012. The Impact of Tarnished Auditor Reputation on Nonprofit Income. International Journal of Auditing 16 (2), July, 130–146.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Auditing (undergraduate)
- PhD Seminar in Auditing and Corporate Governance
- PhD Pro-Seminar (first year Accounting PhD students)