Jacqueline S. Zinn
Jacqueline S. Zinn
Department: Risk, Insurance, and Healthcare Management
Office: Alter Hall 611
Research Interests: Market Competition; Quality, Long-term Healthcare
Dr. Zinn’s Curriculum Vitae
Jacqueline S. Zinn, Ph.D. has been co-editor in chief of the journal HSR: Health Services Research since 2010. She received her MBA from the Fox School of Business and Management in 1978 and her doctorate degree from the Wharton School in 1990. She is currently a professor in the Fox School’s Department of Risk, Insurance and Healthcare Management. Prior to obtaining her doctorate degree, Dr. Zinn was a planner and administrator at Temple University and the University of Pennsylvania Health Systems.
Read More . . .
Dr. Zinn has over 80 articles published in peer-reviewed journals and over 100 research presentations at national conferences. She is a nationally recognize authority on quality and access in long term care services. She is a 1996 recipient of the Thompson Prize for Young Investigators from the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA). Recently, Dr. Zinn was co-principal investigator on a five year NIH-funded study of nursing home response to public release of quality of care information.
Dr. Zinn is a past chair of the Healthcare Management Division of the Academy of Management. She is currently on the board of the Inglis Foundation and a former member of the accreditation council for the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education, and a current member of the AUPHA Finance Committee
- Zinn, J.S., Weimer, D.L., Spector, W. and Mukamel, D.B. 2010. Factors influencing nursing home response to quality measure publication: A resource dependence perspective. Health Care Management Review 35(3): 258-65.
- Mukamel, D. Spector, W., Zinn, J., Weimer, D. and Ahn, R. 2010. Changes in clinical and hotel expenditures following publication of the nursing home compare report card. Medical Care 48 (10): 869=874.
- Al-Amin, M; Zinn, J.; Rosko, M. ; & Aaronson, W. Specialty Hospitals Market Proliferation: Strategic Implications for General Hospitals. Health Care Management Review, 2010, October – November 194-210.
- Rahman, M., Zinn, J. and Mor, V. 2013. The Impact of Hospital-Based Skilled Nursing Facility Closures on Rehospitalizations. HSR, 48(2):499-518.
- Rahman, M., Grabowski, D., Zinn, J., Foster, A. and Mor, V. 2013. Effect of Hospital-SNF Linkages on Re-Hospitalization. HSR, 48(6): 1898-1919.
Awards and Honors
- 2010 Musser Award for research, Fox School of Business, Temple University
- 4/01/02-3/31/05. Investigator, State Policies and Nursing Home Hospitalizations. project funded by the National Institute on Aging Principal Investigator: Vincent Mor, Brown University.
- 5/1/04-4/30/11. Co-Investigator, Nursing Homes Response to Quality Indicators’ Publication, . project funded by the National Institute on Aging Principal Investigator: Dana Makumel, University of Rochester.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- HM 5101 Health System Development and Organization
- HM 3501 Introduction to Health Care Systems
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies