Title: Associate Professor
Department: Human Resource Management
Office: Alter Hall 343
Research Interests: Personnel selection, human capital resources, meta-analysis methods, managerial/leadership development, and person-environment fit
Dr. In-Sue Oh (PhD, University of Iowa) is an Associate Professor with tenure in the Department of Human Resource Management at the Fox School of Business, Temple University. Before joining Temple University, he was a faculty member at the University of Alberta and Virginia Commonwealth University. Before pursuing his academic career, he was an assistant HR manager at LG-Caltex Oil Corporation in Seoul, Korea.
Read More . . .
Dr Oh's research and teaching interests include personnel selection, human capital resources, meta-analysis methods, managerial/leadership development, and person-environment fit. Dr. Oh has published over 50 journal articles in various journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Journal of Vocational Behavior, and Journal of Organizational Behavior. He has made over 50 scholarly presentations at major conferences worldwide. He has received multiple scholarly awards including the Joyce and Robert Hogan Award for Personality and Performance from the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Foundation (2013), the Meredith P. Crawford Fellowship from HumRRO (2008), the James C. Johnson Paper Competition Award from the International Personnel Assessment Council (2009), and International Research Excellence Award from the Korean Academy of Management (2010). He has been recently chosen as the winner of the 2014 Academy of Management HR Division Early Career Achievement Award. He currently serves on the editorial boards of Personnel Psychology, Journal of Organizational Behavior, and Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, and as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology.
- Oh, I.-S., Guay, R. P., Kim, K., Harold, C. M., Lee, J.-H., Heo, C.-G., & Shin, K.-H. (2014). Fit happens globally: A meta-analytic comparison of the relationships of person-environment fit dimensions with work attitudes and performance across East Asia, Europe, and North America. Personnel Psychology, 67(1), 99-152.
- Oh, I.-S., Wang, G., & Mount, M. K. (2011). Validity of observer ratings of the Five-Factor Model of personality: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(4), 762-773.
- Oh, I.-S., & Berry, C. M. (2009). The Five-Factor Model of personality and managerial performance: Validity gains through the use of 360 degree performance ratings. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(6), 1498-1513. * Both authors contributed equally and are co-corresponding authors.
- Oh, I.-S., Le, H., Whitman, D., Kim, K., Yoo, T.-Y., Hwang, J.-O., & Kim, C.-S. (in press). The incremental validity of Honesty-Humility over cognitive ability and the Big Five personality traits. Human Performance.
- Oh, I.-S., Charlier, S. D., Mount, M. K., & Berry, C. M. (2014). The two faces of high self-monitors: Chameleonic moderating effects of self-monitoring on the relationships between personality traits and counterproductive work behaviors. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 35(1), 92-111.
- Schmidt, F. L.*, & Oh, I.-S.* (2013). Methods for second order meta-analysis and illustrative applications. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 121(2), 204-218. * Both authors contributed equally and are co-corresponding authors.
- Oh, I.-S. (2013). Adverse impact is unlikely to be eliminated as long as cognitively loaded constructs are assessed. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 6(4), 506-508.
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Recipient of the Academy of Management’s HR Division Early Career Contribution Award
- 2013 Dean’s Research Honor Roll, Fox School of Business, Temple University
- 2013 Young Scholars Award (Research Grant), Fox School of Business, Temple University ($1,500)
- 2013 Named as a Rising Star in the APS Observer (Volume 26(3), p. 29), The Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- 2013 SIOP 2013 Joyce and Robert Hogan Award for Personality and Performance; the paper judged by multiple raters to have the highest potential to further the understanding of personality as it relates to work performance (with Gang Wang and Mick Mount) ($1,500)
Temple University, Department of Human Resource Management HRM 1101: Leadership and Organizational Management HRM 3502: Leading People at Work HRM 5114: Building Human Capital for High Performance Organizations MS in HRM-Singapore course in selection, motivation, and training & development
Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Management MGMT 697: Guided Research in Performance Management BUSN 702: Research Analysis in Business MGMT 319: Introduction to Organizational Behavior MGMT 697: Doctoral Seminar in Human Resource Management MGMT 790: Doctoral Seminar in Management Research Design
University of Alberta, Department of Strategic Management and Organization SMO 201: Introduction to Management
University of Iowa, Department of Management and Organizations 06J: 130: Individuals, Teams, and Organizations: Undergraduate course in organizational behavior 06J: 048: Introduction to Management: Undergraduate course covering basic management and human relations skills
SunKyunKwan University (Seoul, Republic of Korea), Department of Psychology Industrial and Organizational Psychology:Undergraduate course in psychology applied in HR and OB
Hoseo University (Cheon-An, Republic of Korea), Departments of Psychology and e-Business Human Resource Development: MA-level survey course in human resource development and management e-Business Research Methodology: Undergraduate course on developing basic survey and statistical analysis skills
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies