|Office:||Alter Hall 445|
|Research Interests:||Accounting information systems, Managerial accounting, Economics of Information Systems|
Dr. Hilal Atasoy is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at Temple University. She has a Ph.D. and a Master’s degree in Economics from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Her research analyzes the impacts of information technology and innovation on labor markets, and how information systems and associated flow of information across providers affect healthcare. Dr. Atasoy’s research was published in leading outlets such as Management Science, Information Systems Research and Industrial and Labor Relations Review.
- “The Spillover Effects of Health IT Investments on Regional Health Care Costs“, with Pei-Yu Chen and Kartik Ganju. Management Science, Forthcoming
- “On the Longitudinal Effects of IT Use on Firm Employment,” with Rajiv Banker and Paul Pavlou. Information Systems Research, 27(1), 6-26. (Lead Article)
- “The Effects of Broadband Internet Expansion on Labor Market Outcomes,” (single author). Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 66(2), 315-345.
- Young Researcher Award, Workshop on Health IT and Economics, 2014
- Best Paper Award Nominee, Conference on Information Systems and Technology, 2015
- Fox School Young Scholars Seed Funding, Temple University, 2014, 2015
- PwC Grant for Accounting Information Systems, 2016
- Summer at Census Scholar, US Census Bureau, 2017
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Accounting Information Systems