H. Donald Hopkins
H. Donald Hopkins
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Strategic Management
Office: Alter Hall 534
Research Interests: Strategic Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Industry Analysis, Regulation, Turnaround Strategies
Dr. Hopkins’ Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Hopkins (PhD, 1983) is an Associate Professor and former department chair of the Department of General and Strategic Management. He earned his PhD in Strategic Management at Penn State and his MBA at the University of Connecticut.
Read More . . .
Before coming to the Fox School he was on the faculty at Penn State Capitol Campus and was a manager for the Ford Motor Company. His articles have been published in the Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management, Human Relations, Journal of Management Studies, Business Horizons, and the Journal of Business Strategy among others. He won the award for the “Best Selling Case Study” from the North American Casewriting Association for his case on the CF Martin Guitar Company. He has completed the Global Business Program for Faculty at the University of Carolina. He has taught business policy, strategic management, international business, merger and acquisitions, organizational behavior, career management, and industry analysis at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral levels. His most recent publications have been in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, competitive analysis, regulation, and turnaround strategies. He is married to Susan Hopkins and has a son who recently graduated from Temple University.
- Successful Turnaround Strategies, Strategic Direction, 24 (8), June, 2008
- Applying Michael Porter’s Extended Rivalry Model to the Robotics Industry, Industrial Robot, 35 (5), September, 2008
- Acquisition Strategy and the Market Position of Acquiring Firms, Strategic Management Journal, November-December, 1987
- Firm Diversity: Conceptualization and Measurement. Academy of Management Review, October, 1982, (with Robert A. Pitts)
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Issues for Managers (with Frances Katrishen), Global Focus, 2001
Awards and Honors
- “Best Selling Case,” for CF Martin & Company, 1992, North American Casewriters Association.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- BA 4101, Global Business Policies
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies