Edward C. Rosenthal
Edward C. Rosenthal
Department: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Office: Alter Hall 526
Research Interests: Game theory, Logistics, Supply chain management
Edward Rosenthal came to Temple after receiving his Ph.D. from Northwestern University. He has taught courses in production and operations management, game theory, and logistics and supply chain management at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as in the Honors and Executive MBA programs.
Read More . . .
Dr. Rosenthal is a recipient of the Great Teacher Award and the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching. Dr. Rosenthal’s research interests are in cooperative game theory, noncooperative game theory and mechanism design, logistics, and behavioral decision theory. His articles have appeared in a number of journals, including Journal of Public Economics, Games and Economic Behavior, European Journal of Operational Research, Decision Sciences and International Journal of Game Theory. He is the author of The Era of Choice: The Ability to Choose and Its Transformation of Contemporary Life (MIT Press 2005) and also The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Game Theory (Alpha/Penguin, 2011).
- Rosenthal, E.C., “Shortest Path Games,” European Journal of Operational Research 224,1 (2013) 132-140.
- Rosenthal, E.C., Chaudhry, S.S., Choi, I.-C., and Jang, J., “On a Branching Problem in Broadcasting and Distribution,” Computers & Operations Research 39,8 (2012) 1793-1799.
- Rosenthal, E.C., “A Cooperative Game Approach to Transfer Pricing in a Vertically Integrated Supply Chain,” International Journal of Production Economics 115,2 (2008) 542-552.
- Rosenthal, E.C., “Information and Strategyproofness in Joint Project Selection,” Journal of Public Economics 68,2 (1998), 207-221.
- Rosenthal, E.C., Zydiak, J.L., and S.S. Chaudhry, “Vendor Selection with Bundling,” Decision Sciences 26,1 (1995) 35-48.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Great Teacher Award, Temple University, April 2008.
- Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching, Temple University, 2003.
- Musser Excellence in Leadership Award for Teaching, 2013.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- MSOM 5401, Operations Management (Global and Professional MBA programs)
- MSOM 3901, Operations Management (Honors)
- MSOM 3101, Operations Management
In the News
- Associated Press (“Distraction 2008: Freedom of choice – or from it?” August 2008)
- BBC World Service (“Culture Shock,” December 2007)
- The Conference Board Review (March/April 2006)
- Wikipedia (“Choice”)
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies