Dr. Robert T. Krafty
Dr. Robert T. Krafty
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: Speakman Hall 336
Dr. Krafty joined the Department of Statistics in the Fox School in the Fall of 2013 from the University of Pittsburgh, where he served on the faculty in the Departments of Statistics, Biostatistics, and Psychiatry. He earned his PhD in Biostatistics and Master’s degree in Mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania and Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Dance from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Read More . . .
Dr. Krafty’s research interests include time series, functional data analysis, longitudinal data analysis, multilevel modeling, and applications in biology, medicine, econometrics, public health, and policy. He has received funding from the National Science Foundation, National Institute on Aging, National Heart Lung & Blood Institute, and the National Institute of Mental Health.
- Krafty, R. T., Zhao, M., Buysee, D. J., Thayer, J., and Hall, M. (2014) “Spectral Analysis of Heart Rate Variability through Penalized Sum-of-Squares.” Statistics in Medicine. 33: 1383-1394.
- Krafty, R. T. and Collinge, W. O. (2013) “Penalized Multivariate Whittle Likelihood for Power Spectrum Estimation.” Biometrika. 100: 447-458.
- Krafty, R. T. and Hall, M. (2013) “Canonical Correlation Analysis Between Time Series and Static Outcomes, with Application to the Spectral Analysis of Heart Rate Variability.” Annals of Applied Statistics. 7: 570-587.
- Krafty, R. T., Xiong, S., Stoffer, D. S., Buysse, D. J., and Hall, M. (2012) “Enveloping Spectral Surfaces: Covariate Dependent Spectral Analysis of Categorical Time Series.” Journal of Time Series Analysis. 33: 797-806.
- Krafty, R. T., Hall, M., and Guo, W. (2011) “Functional Mixed Effects Spectral Analysis.” Biometrika. 98: 583-598.
- Krafty, R. T., Gimotty, P. A., Cookous, G., Holtz, D., and Guo, W, (2008) “Varying-Coefficient Model with Unknown Within-Subject Covariance for the Analysis of Tumor Growth Curves.” Biometrics. 64, 1023-1031.
Recent Awards and Honors
- D. Raghavarao Publication Award 2014
- Saul Winegrad Award 2008
- ENAR Travel Award 2006
- University of Pennsylvania’s Award for Outstanding Teaching 2002
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship 1999
- Phi Beta Kappa 1998
Undergraduate Courses at Temple University
Statistical Reasoning and Games of Chance
Graduate Courses at University of Pittsburg
Applied Statistical Methods I
Applied Statistical Methods II
Applied Advanced Time Series
Advances in Applied Statistics: Functional Data Analysis
Undergraduate Courses at Pittsburgh University
Basic Applied Statistics
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies