Mary Anne Gaffney
Title: Associate Professor
Office: Alter Hall 457
Research Interests: Accounting for Nonprofit Organizations, Gender Issues in Accounting, Tax Effects of Transfer Pricing
Dr. Gaffney’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Gaffney's research areas include accounting for not-for profits and gender issues in accounting. Her research has appeared in the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Advances in Public Interest Accounting, and Business and Economic Review. Recipient of the 2001 Fox School Andrisani/Frank Outstanding Teacher and the 2002 Musser Award for Excellence in Teaching she contributes to teaching at all levels both within The Fox School and for the University. She has published Scholarship of Teaching Articles in Issues in Accounting Education, The Accounting Educators Journal, and Advances in Accounting Education.
- Gaffney, M. A., Borkowski, S. C. (in press). Proactive transfer Pricing Risk Management in PATA Countries. To appear in Journal of International Accounting Research.
- Borkowski, S. C., Gaffney, M. A. (in press). Transfer Pricing and FIN 48: How Managers Attempt to Mitigate Audit Risk. To appear in Strategic Finance.
- Borkowski, S. C., Gaffney, M. A. (2012). Fin 48, and transfer pricing: (Im)perfect together? Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, 21(1), 32-51.
- Gaffney, M. A., Ryan, D., Wurst, C. (2010). Do Online homework systems improve student performance? Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations.
- Wurst, C., Smarkola, C., Gaffney, M. A. (2008). Ubiquitous Laptop Usage in Higher Education: Effects on Student Achievement, Student Satisfaction, and Constructivist Measures in Honors and Traditional Classrooms. Computers & Education, 51, 1766-1783.
Awards and Honors
- Dean's Senior Teaching Fellow, Fox School. (March 2014).
- Beta Alpha Psi Professor of the Year. (April 28, 2010).
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- ACCT 2902, Honors Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 4501, Accounting Senior Seminar
- ACCT 4596, Senior Seminar in Accounting
- ACCT 5004, Managerial Decision-Making Using Accounting Information