Gary J. Blau
Gary J. Blau
Department: Human Resources Management
Office: Alter Hall 349
Research Interests: occupational commitment; occupational withdrawal, unemployment issues
Dr. Blau’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Blau received his Ph.D. in 1982 in Organizational Behavior from the University of Cincinnati. His research interests include understanding employee attitudes and behaviors. He joined the Temple University Fox School of Business Human Resource Management department in 1984. He served as the Assistant Dean of the MBA program from 1994 to 1997, and as the Assistant Dean of Doctoral Programs from 1999 to 2000. He served as the HRM Department Chair from 2002 to 2009. He was the Faculty Advisor to the Temple University Main Campus Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chapter from 1998 to 2008. I currently teach “Critical Skills for Effective Managers” and “Leading People at Work.”
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T. & McClendon, J. (2013). Correlates of Life Satisfaction and Unemployment Stigma and the Impact of Length of Unemployment on a Unique Unemployed Sample. Career Development International, 18(3), 257-280
- Blau, G., Petrucci, T. & McClendon, (2013). J. Exploring the Impact of Situational Background, Emotional, and Job Search Variables on Coping With Unemployment By Drinking Versus Considering Self-Employment. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 28,212-233.
- Blau, G. & Snell, C. (2013). Understanding Undergraduate Professional Development Engagement and Its Impact. College Student Journal, 47, 689-702.
- Blau, G., Tatum, D.S. & Goldberg, C.W. (2013). Exploring Correlates of Burnout Dimensions in a Sample of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioners: A Cross-Sectional Study. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 36(3), 166-172.
- Blau, G., Monos, C. Boyer, E., Davis, K., Flanagan, R., Lopez, A. & Tatum, D. (2013). Injury-Forced Work Reduction Correlates for Massage Therapists and Bodywork Practitioners. International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 6(3),1-8.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Fox School of Business, Temple University - Research Roundtable 2005-2013
- Fox School of Business, Temple University – Study leave, Spring, 2013, “correlates of emotional labor and impact on EMS professionals”
- Fox School of Business, Temple University – Summer Research Fellowship, 2012, “factors affecting student engagement”
- Temple University – Summer Research Fellowship, 2009, “Correlates of EMS Respondent Intent to leave job versus occupation”
- Temple University - Summer Research Fellowship, 2007, “Measuring Emotional Labor”
- Temple University - Summer Research Fellowship, 2005, “Testing a model of worksite/function closure”.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- HRM 4597, Critical Skills for Effective Managers
- HRM 3502. Leading People at Work
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies