Anthony Di Benedetto
Anthony Di Benedetto
Department: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Office: Alter Hall 523
Research Interests: New Product Development, Product Innovation, International Marketing
Prof. Di Benedetto holds a Ph. D., an M.B.A., and a B. Sc. (Chemistry), all from McGill University, Montreal. He has taught in Temple’s Professional MBA, Executive MBA, Online MBA, and International MBA programs. He has held visiting professorships at universities in Europe and Asia, and in 2010 was named the Fulbright Chair in Entrepreneurship. He is a recipient of Temple University's Great Teacher Award and the Lindback Award for teaching excellence. Prof. Di Benedetto served as Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Product Innovation Management for nine years. He is an award-winning research scholar in Innovation and Technology Management and his research is published in Journal of Product Innovation Management, Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Operations Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, and elsewhere.
- Merle Crawford and Anthony Di Benedetto. New Products Management, 11th edition, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 2014.
- Roger J. Calantone and C. Anthony Di Benedetto. “The Effects of Launch Execution and Timing on New Product Performance,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 40, No. 4, July 2012, pp. 526-538.
- C. Anthony Di Benedetto, Wayne S. DeSarbo, and Michael Song. “Strategic Capabilities and Radical Innovation: An Empirical Study in Three Countries,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 55, No. 3, August 2008, pp. 420-433.
- Michael Song, C. Anthony Di Benedetto and Yushan Zhao. "The Antecedents and Consequences of Manufacturer-Distributor Cooperation," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 36, No. 2, June 2008, pp. 215-233.
- Wayne S. DeSarbo, C. Anthony Di Benedetto, Kamel Jedidi, and Michael Song. “A Constrained Latent Structure Multivariate Regression Methodology for Empirically Deriving Strategic Types,” Management Science, Vol. 52, No. 6, June 2006, pp. 909-924.
- Wayne S. DeSarbo, C. Anthony Di Benedetto, Michael Song, and Indrajit Sinha. “Revisiting the Miles and Snow Strategic Framework: Uncovering Relationships Between Strategic Types, Capabilities, Environmental Uncertainty, and Firm Performance,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, January 2005, pp. 47-74.
- X. Michael Song, Roger J. Calantone and C. Anthony Di Benedetto. “Competitive Forces and Strategic Choice Decisions: An Experimental Investigation in the United States and Japan,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 23, No. 10, October 2002, pp. 969-978.
- C. Anthony Di Benedetto. “Identifying the Key Success Factors in New Product Launch,” Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 16, No. 5, November 1999, pp. 530-544.
- X. Michael Song, C. Anthony Di Benedetto and Yuzhen Lisa Zhao. “Pioneering Advantages in Manufacturing and Service Industries: Empirical Evidence from Nine Countries,” Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 20, No. 9, September 1999, pp. 811-836.
Recent Awards and Honors
- Selected as Outstanding Professor by the MS Marketing Class of 2014.
- Recognized as one of the top 50 authors worldwide of Technology and Innovation Management (2008-2012), International Association of Management of Technology, 2013.
- Recognized as one of the top 10 authors worldwide in Innovation Management, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 2012.
- J. William Fulbright Award (Fulbright-Kathryn and Craig Hall Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneurship), Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Vienna, Austria, 2010-2011.
- Recognized as one of the top 50 authors worldwide of Technology and Innovation Management (2003-2007), International Association of Management of Technology, 2009.
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management Best Paper Award, 2008.
- Recognized as one of the top scholars worldwide in Innovation Management, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 24, No. 3, 2007.
Fox School of Business, Temple University
- Product Management MKTG5107
- Marketing Research MKTG 5103
- Marketing Management MKTG 5001
- International Marketing MKTG 3553
In the News
- Recognition among world’s leading innovation scholars
- Publishing milestone of 100 journal articles
- Invited presentation at Louvain School of Management, University of Namur, Belgium
- Announcement of Fulbright Award and presentation at Modul University Vienna
- Keynote address, IPDM Conference, Murcia, Spain, 2010
- Recognition among leading innovation research scholars
Search for a Faculty or Staff member.
Fox Faculty Policies