|Office:||Speakman Hall 337|
Dr. Cheng Yong Tang joins the Fox School following his appointment as an Assistant Professor of Business Analytics at the Business School of the University of Colorado, Denver. Dr. Tang previously taught at the National University of Singapore, as a tenured professor in the Department of Statistics and Applied Probability. His research interests include high-dimensional data analysis, econometrics, analysis of missing data, and nonparametric statistical methods. Dr. Tang has published 18 research articles, with three more articles in various review stages.
Dr. Tang has received external grants to support his research and travel. He is the recipient of multiple honors, including the National University of Singapore’s Young Scientist Award and Teaching Excellence Award, as well as Iowa State University’s Research Excellence and Teaching Excellence Awards, respectively. Dr. Tang, an elected member of the International Statistical Institute, obtained a Bachelor’s of Science in Management Science and Bachelor’s of Engineering in Computer Science from the University of Science and Technology in China. He earned his Master’s degree in Statistics from the National University of Singapore. He also received his PhD in Statistics from Iowa State University.
- Liu, C, Tang, CY. (2014). A quasi-maximum likelihood approach for integrated covariance matrix estimation with high frequency data. Journal of Econometrics.
- Zhang, W., Leng, C., Tang, CY. (2014). A joint modeling approach for longitudinal studies. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.
- Tang, CY, WU, TT. (2014). Nested coordinate descent algorithms for empirical likelihood. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation.
- Chang, J, Tang, CY, Wu, Y. (2013). Marginal empirical likelihood and sure independence screening. Annals of Statistics. 41 2132-2148.
- Liu, C, Tang, CY. (2013). A state space model approach to integrated covariance matrix estimation with high frequency data. Statistics and Its Interface (Special FERM2012 Issue, invited article). 6 463-475.
- YUMPS travel grant, University of Colorado Denver (2013)
- Student Scholarship for Statistics Spring Research Conference 2007 (SRC 2007)
- Graduate Students Tuition Awards, Iowa State University
- Student Travel Award for JSM 2006 (ASA Section on Survey Research Methods)
- Professional Advancement Grants (Travel Support), Iowa State University, (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
- Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore, 2001-2003
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Scholarships, University of Science and Technology of China (1996, 1997)
- First Class Award, National High School Mathematics Contest, China (1995)
University of Colorado, Denver
- DSCI 6828 Data Mining: Predictive Modeling
- BUSN 6530 Data Analysis for Managers