Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Fox Computer Services
Office: Speakman Hall LL5
Most business courses use technology in and out of the classroom. Any student who is serious about a career in business needs to use the technology tools used in business today.
Though the Fox School does not have a formal computer requirement, we strongly recommend that students purchase laptops while at Fox. Students with laptops can use wired and wireless connections in several classrooms and labs. See the Temple University Computer Services Technical Support site for more supported platform details.
Our Minimum recommended system requirements for laptop purchases:
Laptop Hardware Recommendation
- Minimum Intel core i3 Processor (i5 preferred) or AMD Equivalent
- 8 GB RAM
- 500GB hard drive
- 13.3 inch LCD display recommended
- 802.11 AC/N Wi-Fi compatible wireless card
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Office 365) free download from the TUportal Microsoft download link
- Extended warranty of at least 2-3 years
- Temple University’s Computer Purchase Guidelines
Get a discount for your laptop when buying from suggested vendors below.
Suggested Laptop Vendors
Students and faculty of Temple University are capable of receiving certain educational discounts through these particular vendors.
- Lenovo: Save off the regular web price and FREE shipping on all web orders.
Students go to: www.lenovo.com/shop/deals/templeu,
Faculty go to: www.lenovo.com/temple,
or contact them at 1-877-222-6426 Option 1 Ext. 6844.
- Gov Connection
1-800-800-0019 x 33422
- PC Mall
- Software House International (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the token and access key)
Buy used PC’s
Computer Recycling Center