Mid-Atlantic Diamond Ventures encourages and assists entrepreneurs with innovative ideas or commercially viable technology to start and grow their companies into successful, sustainable science and technology businesses.
How to Apply
If you’d like to benefit from MADV’s business model review, presentation critique, introductions to funding sources and other resources…
Be sure to include a pitch deck and financials. If someone referred you, please include their name. You will get an automatic confirmation that your application was received. If you do not get that confirmation, please contact Gust Support.
Each quarter, applications will be screened. Up to 12 companies will be selected to participate in Company Review Sessions with the MADV Board. If you are not selected, you will be notified, with feedback as to what it would take to be selected. If you do not hear from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During these sessions, you will deliver your presentation, receive feedback on everything from business model, scalability, messaging, to financial viability and whether your opportunity is perceived as investable.
- If it appears that your opportunity is a good fit for the MADV audience, you will be assigned two members from the MADV Board to work with you on your presentation, and confirm that you are ready to participate in the forum.
- Selected companies present at the quarterly forum to a large audience of investors, professional advisors, and industry partners, and have a table for networking purposes throughout the half-day session.
- If selected to present at a quarterly forum, you will be notified and provided both additional information on materials and information needed, as well as a registration link for presenting companies only!
- Interested investors follow-up directly with the companies after the quarterly forums.
- If you are not selected to present in the quarterly forum, you will be notified with feedback. If you do not hear from us, please contact email@example.com.
What Types of Companies Participate?
MADV client companies – predominantly information technology, physical technology or life science – are characterized by proven technologies, large potential markets, capacity for explosive growth, actionable and smart go-to-market strategies, well-structured revenue streams, defensible intellectual properties and proven management teams/advisory boards.
Our companies are based in the Mid-Atlantic region and come from the Greater NYC area, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Washington D.C. We also periodically serve clients from Connecticut, North Carolina and Virginia. More than 70% of MADV clients are based in the Greater Philadelphia region.
In a typical year, MADV provides services to 36-40 emerging companies, making it the largest Venture Forum program in the region based on clients served annually. At a typical Forum, we present eight to ten emerging companies.
What Do We Look For?
Participation in MADV’s scrub sessions, mentoring, and venture forums is open to all qualified, technology-based companies seeking funding and/or assistance in business model development.
Qualified companies have:
- Developed technology addressing a need in a large market.
- Strong market research backing market assumptions.
- High barriers to entry through patents, technology, and/or industry conditions.
- At or near revenue, with a validated pipeline.
- Dynamic, capable executive team and/or experienced CEO.
- Near-term positive cash flow potential.
$250 for up to three review sessions/coaching sessions, venture forum presentation and one-on-one conversations with potential investors during the forum.
- Check out our current list of MADV Companies.