Mid-Atlantic Diamond Ventures was founded with two primary missions:
- To foster the development of science and technology-driven businesses toward pursuit and attainment of third-party investment funding.
- To educate participants about the process of new venture development and the key factors that are critical to long-term sustainability.
What emerging firms usually need most is an infusion of capital to accelerate their growth, market their products and services, continue with clinical trials, and conduct beta programs. MADV provides access to funding sources and ensures firms are ready for significant funding. Our process better positions the firm for funding while often increasing the value of the firm at an early and crucial stage.
Our goal is for the entrepreneur to attract an interested and intrigued investor, angel constituency or venture capital firm and receive feedback on strategy prior to “going live.”
To achieve this goal, we assist with the following:
- Developing strategic, realistic and compelling investment materials including an executive summary and investment-focused presentation.
- Providing an insider’s view on how investors think and what they seek in emerging firm.
- Connecting founders to key organizations and individuals who can fulfill needs, provide funding or referrals to capital, become potential customers, vet technologies, etc.
- Providing feedback and advice on key aspects of entrepreneurship such as business model, intellectual property, competitive landscape, market dynamics, appropriate milestones, realistic financial projections and more.
Our Track Record
Since 2003, MADV has assisted 386 emerging firms. MADV “alumni” companies have approximately raised over $487M in early stage funding as a result of their participation in our program as well as other venture programs. These successes are a result of our broad and diverse network partnered with our extensive coaching sessions. MADV offers an unsurpassed network of investors, industry experts, technologists, support organizations, academicians, consultants and service providers to best connect and position emerging firms for commercial success and sustainability. In addition, Entrepreneurs report that MADV’s coaching sessions were the most rigorous and effective in the extended region.
Here’s what entrepreneurs have said about MADV and its predecessor, Diamond State Ventures (DSV):
“I met more potential investors at this forum than I would have on my own in 2 years.”
– Debra Travers, Polyaurum
“The group at MADV gave great feedback and mentorship which helped me fine tune my pitch for the forum. They were extremely hands on and provided great insights on how to best connect with the investment audience. Had the opportunity to connect at the Forum with the key players in the local investment scene and get exposure to new connections as well!”
– Melissa Schipke, Tassl
“Since presenting at MADV, FORGE Life Science has raised a total of $2 M, with $850 K from new investors. It was a terrific opportunity to obtain very positive exposure in front of multiple life science angel investor groups. As a result, we are now more than two-thirds of the way to completing our round to fund FORGE’s first asset to IND.”
– Lillian Chiang, FORGE Life Science
“Bainbridge Health has raised $1.75 million since our presentation at MADV. We have seven employees and are now live across a dozen hospital sites around the country and growing.”
– Joseph Kaupp, Bainbridge Health