Centralizing administrative functions leverage infrastructural resources to improve efficiency and savings in operational tasks necessary to support the mission of the Data Science Institute. Temple University provides state of the art infrastructure to support big data sciences. The university’s resources are designed to rapidly deploy new technologies and approaches to deal with various data-intensive problems. The Institute for Data Science offers the following services and resources to support research and other activities at Temple University and other external entities:
Data Storage Resources
Specialized Support Services
The Data Science Institute will oversee the following administrative support services:
- Build and develop collaborative partnerships across Temple University faculty and staff.
- Facilitate connection to funding agencies and industry partners.
- Centralized project management functions to simplify reporting and documentation of research activities.
- Build bridges to major industrial partners who are engaged in data science operations or require big data analytics.
- Create a sponsorship program eliciting industry funds to support data science applied research.
- Support grant writing and sponsored project administration.
Outreach and Dissemination
- Organize and host data science conferences to showcase key research outputs.
- Promote research outcomes through active public relations including a strong Internet presence, newsletter and feature stories, direct mail dissemination of key findings.