Faculty who wish to learn more about teaching improvement, teaching assessment, or the use of technology in the classroom should find the following links helpful:
- Temple Teaching Academy:
The Provost has created a Teaching Learning Center to promote the consistent support and development of teaching and learning at Temple University.
- Electronic Journal on Excellence in College Teaching:
This peer-reviewed journal is designed to increase student learning through effective teaching and communication among faculty about their classrooms experiences.
- Berkeley Compendium of Suggestion for Teaching with Excellence:
The Compendium offers a series of suggestions for improving teaching performance.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching:
This Foundation is an international center for research and policy studies related to teaching. Its focus is on the scholarship of teaching.
- American Association of Higher Education:
AAHE is devoted to the systematic improvement of higher education. This site provides access to the report on “Principles of Good Practice: Supporting Early Career Faculty.”
Educourse is designed to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
- Center for Instructional Technology:
The mission of this Center is to assist faculty in achieving their professional objectives by providing support for commonly used and emerging technologies.
- Teaching with Electronic Technology:
This site provides a variety of links to information about conferences, publications, and general discussions of teaching with the use of electronic technology.
- Chronicle of Higher Education:
The Chronicles of Higher Education publishes a number of stories on teaching methods and other college related issues.
- Tools for Teaching:
Practical advice is offered by a University of Pennsylvania professor on using technology in teaching.
- Instructional Tutor:
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at the University of Albany has created a series of tutorials to assist faculty who wish to utilize various computer applications for instructional purposes.
– Paley Reference Library (pdf)
– The Teacher’s Profession (doc)
– Adjunct Faculty Handbook (pdf)
– Voice of the Student Report 2009 (pdf)