Drive strategic innovation and build an agile organization. The Certificate in Innovation Strategy will equip you with the tools to make decisions in a rapidly changing and competitive global landscape.
Designed to prepare the next generation of leaders, the Certificate in Innovation Strategy features a powerful curriculum from the Fox Strategic Management Department. Learn from world-leading faculty how you can design organizational environments that reward innovation, how organizations can embrace disruptive environments, and how firms create or add value. Best of all, you’ll learn to transform your organization in a way that won’t disrupt your professional priorities, with flexible course formats including traditional in-person classes, online web conferencing classes, and a hybrid course structure that features both.
- 9 credits
- Credits earned may be transferred to a Fox School Specialized Master’s or MBA program
- Courses taught in a variety of formats including traditional in-person classes, online web conferencing classes, and courses taught in a hybrid, face-to-face and online structure
- Managers responsible for strategy and innovation
- High-potential employees who wish to drive innovation at their organizations
Earn the certificate that suits your goals and schedule. All earned credits may be transferred into other Fox graduate degree programs.
The Graduate Certificate in Innovation Strategy requires a selection from the below list of courses. 4.5-credit certificate students will select the entirety of their credit requirements
from these courses; 9-credit certificate students are required to enroll in 6 credits of the following courses:
- SGM 5118 Innovation-Based Strategy: Managing Disruptive Change (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5122 Business Model Innovation: Profitably and High-Impact by Design (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5401* Competitive Strategy (1.5 credits) or SGM 5112 Competing on Value: Analyzing and Shaping Your Industry (1.5 credits)
- BA 5401* Analytic Foundations of Strategy (1.5 credits) or SGM 5114 Managing Strategic Alliances: Competing through Collaborations (1.5 credits)
*These courses have pre-requisites of transcripted coursework in STAT 5401, MIS 5401, ACCT 5401, ACCT 5402 and FIN 5401 (each 1.5 credits).
Plus, select three additional elective course credits:
- SGM 5111 Growing Through Mergers & Acquisitions (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5113 Strategy Implementation: Designing Organizations for Success (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5114 Managing Strategic Alliances: Competing through Collaborations (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5115 Firms in Crisis: Managing Turnaround (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5117 New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurial Opportunities, Resources and Teams (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5119 Social Entrepreneurship: Change the World, Profitably (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5121 Emerging Market Innovation: Reinventing the Multinational Firm (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5123 Corporate Strategy: Managing Diversified Firms (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5126 Innovation Adoption & Diffusion: Finding First Customers and Driving Widespread Implementation (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5127 Managing Knowledge Networks: Understanding & Analyzing Social Networks in Organizations and Beyond (1.5 credits)
- SGM 5128 The Crowd, The Cloud & Open Innovation Strategy (1.5 credits)
Additional Innovation Strategy courses offered by the Department of Strategic Management with approval.