The Accounting Circle, established by the Department of Accounting in 2009, comprises business leaders who support excellence in accounting education at the Fox School of Business at Temple University. The Circle is the Department’s strongest link to the accounting business community, as its members are noteworthy individuals accounting firm, corporate, and community leaders, alumni, and other friends—who believe in the accounting profession and education. Accounting Circle members volunteer as guest speakers in the classroom and attend departmental programs available to students and faculty. Accounting Circle members provide inspiration, leadership, and private gift support that are vital to keeping accounting education at the cutting edge of students’ educational experience.
Accounting Circle member benefits include:
- Participation in Alumni Weekend events at Temple University.
- Attendance at a Temple basketball game in the Fox Box.
- Special communication from the Department of Accounting Chair.
- Opportunities to participate in the Fox School speaker series and other Fox events.
- Involvement in internship and employment recruitment efforts from a pool of high performing student recruits skilled to meet the needs of their firms and companies.
- Accounting Circle donor benefits are valid from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
- Membership in the Temple University Russell H. Conwell Society. For a description of additional benefits visit here.
Accounting Circle members need not be alumni of the Temple University Fox School of Business to join. Accounting Circle Members support accounting education in Pennsylvania through research, scholarships, student-focused speaker series, faculty support and volunteer community-assistance programs such as the IRS VITA program.
Becoming a Member
An annual gift of $1,500 or more to the Department of Accounting qualifies you for membership in the Accounting Circle. Matching gifts from an accounting firm, corporation, foundation, or organization designated in your name also count toward recognition as an Accounting Circle member (a gift of $750 with a $750 match qualifies).
Download, complete, and mail an application with your payment/credit card information.
Make your Accounting Circle gift online and choose “Accounting Circle” as the area of the university you would like to support.
H. Richard Haverstick, CPA (Chair)
Retired Partner, EY
Jeffrey Adeli, CPA
Reese Blair, CPA
Harris L. Devor, CPA
Michael Ernst, CPA
Linda Guendelsberger, CPA
Partner, Legacy Group
Wayne Kaplan, CPA
Partner, Grant Thornton
Raman Mahadevan, CPA
Robert McCadden, CPA
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust
Patrick Mulloy, CPA
John Riesch, CPA
Managing Director, Protiviti
Maxine Romano, CPA
Director, Kreischer Miller
William Spang, CPA
Retired Partner, Mitchell & Titus
Jay Weinstein, CPA
Managing Partner, EisnerAmper