High-Dimensional Statistics has emerged as a new field as a result of the confluence of recent advances made in Statistics in response to the urgent need for the development of newer and more appropriate statistical tools to analyze Data Science with high-dimensions. The center will engage the shared research interests and expertise of the Department of Statistics faculty to create an integrated and more vibrant place for research in a field of Statistics that is critically important in Data Science statistical analysis. The center will have the strategic advantage to develop and expand school and university-wide collaborative Data Science research opportunities and will leverage current and future research funding from government agencies and industries that have supported past research.
|Agency||Award Amount||Grant Title||Project Period Start||Project Period End||PI|
|National Science Foundation||$250,000||BIGDATA: Statistical Theory and Methods Beyond the Dimensional Barrier||09/01/2016||08/31/2019||Zhigen Zhao|
|National Science Foundation||$161,155||Bigdata||09/01/2015||08/31/2018||Cheng-Yong Tang|
|National Science Foundation||$38,101||Exploring Joint Modeling Approaches for Longitudinal data||09/01/2015||08/31/2016||Cheng-Yong Tang|
- 2014-2017, NIGMS “A Statistical Framework for the Spectral Analysis of Electrophysiology,” ($843,465), Dr. Robert Krafty, Principal Investigator.
- 2013-2017, National Science Foundation, “Collaborative Research: New Directions for Research on Some Large-Scale Multiple Testing Problems”, ($126,575), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator.
- 2012-2015, National Science Foundation, “Bayesian Decision Theoretic Methods for Some High-Dimensional Multiple Inference Problems,” ($174,975), Dr. Sanat Sarkar and Dr. Zhigen Zhao Co-Principal Investigator.
- 2011-2014, National Science Foundation, “New Developments in Sufficient Dimension Reduction,” ($100,000), Dr. Yuexiao Dong, Principal Investigator
- 2010-2013, National Science Foundation, “Collaborative Research: Constructing New Multiple Testing Methods,” ($167,659), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator
DirectorDr. Sanat Sarkar, Statistics Department Chair and Cyrus H. K. Curtis Professor, Department of Statistics, Fox School of Business at Temple University
- Dr. Alan Izenman, Senior Research Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Zhigen Zhao, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Xu Han,PhD, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Yuexiao Dong, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Subhadeep (Deep) Mukhopadhyay, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Cheng Yong Tang
- Dr. Martina Mincheva
- Dr. Karthik Devarajan
- Dr. Zoran Obradovic, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Data Analytics