Center for High-Dimensional Statistics
High-Dimensional Statistics has emerged as a new field as a result of the confluence of recent advances made in Statistics in response to the urgent need for the development of newer and more appropriate statistical tools to analyze Data Science with high-dimensions. The center will engage the shared research interests and expertise of the Department of Statistics faculty to create an integrated and more vibrant place for research in a field of Statistics that is critically important in Data Science statistical analysis. The center will have the strategic advantage to develop and expand school and university-wide collaborative Data Science research opportunities and will leverage current and future research funding from government agencies and industries that have supported past research.
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Cheng Yong Tang, who received two National Science Foundation grants as the Principal Investigator this year, both starting in September. One support of $161,155 for three years is on the project “BIGDATA: Collaborative Research: F: IA: Statistical Learning for Data Science with Random Projections” that proposes to explore computationally efficient and theoretically sound statistical learning methods to deal with predictive problems with Data Science. Data Science problems shed light on many important practical.
- 2014-2017, NIGMS “A Statistical Framework for the Spectral Analysis of Electrophysiology,” ($843,465), Dr. Robert Krafty, Principal Investigator.
- 2013-2017, National Science Foundation, “Collaborative Research: New Directions for Research on Some Large-Scale Multiple Testing Problems”, ($126,575), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator.
- 2012-2015, National Science Foundation, “Bayesian Decision Theoretic Methods for Some High-Dimensional Multiple Inference Problems,” ($174,975), Dr. Sanat Sarkar and Dr. Zhigen Zhao Co-Principal Investigator.
- 2011-2014, National Science Foundation, “New Developments in Sufficient Dimension Reduction,” ($100,000), Dr. Yuexiao Dong, Principal Investigator
- 2010-2013, National Science Foundation, “Collaborative Research: Constructing New Multiple Testing Methods,” ($167,659), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator
- 2006-2009, National Science Foundation, “Multiple Testing: Further Development of Theory and Methodology,” ($170,000.00), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator
- 2003-2006, National Science Foundation, “New Problems in Multiple Hypotheses Testing,” ($234,000.00), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator:
- 2001-2003, National Security Agency, “Some Problems in Multiple Comparisons”, ($40,000.00), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator:
- 2001, NSF-CBMS Regional Conference in Mathematical Sciences: New Horizons in Multiple Comparison Procedures, ($25,000.00), Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Principal Investigator.
Dr. Sanat Sarkar, Statistics Department Chair and Cyrus H. K. Curtis Professor, Department of Statistics, Fox School of Business at Temple University
- Dr. Alan Izenman, Senior Research Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Zhigen Zhao, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Xu Han,PhD, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Yuexiao Dong, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Subhadeep (Deep) Mukhopadhyay, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. Cheng Yong Tang
- Dr. Martina Mincheva
- Dr. Karthik Devarajan
- Dr. Zoran Obradovic, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Data Analytics