Small Business Development Center
The Legal Clinic operates during the fall and spring semesters of each year and is comprised of third year law students who consult clients under the supervision of a practicing attorney/instructor. All of the consulting takes place at the Temple University Small Business Development Center. There is no charge for legal consulting advice and assistance. However, the client will be responsible for any filing fees or other out-of-pocket expenses, which might be necessary to complete the legal assistance.
The Legal Clinic provides assistance related to business legal issues such as:
- Assessment of Business Structure: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company and corporation
- Formation of a Business Structure: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company and corporation
- Designing Partnership and LLC Operating Agreements
- Evaluating or Drafting Commercial Contracts and Contractual Provisions
- Analyzing and Drafting Leases and Other Real Estate Agreements
- Negotiating, Arbitrating and Settling disputes
- Assessing Business-Related Intellectual Property Issues (Including Patent Issues)
- Assisting in Completing Appropriate Filings to Protect Intellectual Property (With theexclusion of Patent Applications)
- Rendering Business-Related Legal Opinions and Drafting Corroborative Legal Opinion
- Memoranda for Commercial Clients on a myriad of issues
The Temple University Small Business Development Center in conjunction with Temple University Law School has incorporated a Legal Clinic into the existing services currently provided by the Temple University Small Business Development Center.