Mid-Atlantic Diamond Ventures was founded with two primary missions:
- To foster the development of science and technology-driven businesses toward pursuit and attainment of third-party investment funding.
- To educate participants about the process of new venture development and the key factors that are critical to long-term sustainability.
What emerging firms usually need most is an infusion of capital to accelerate their growth, market their products and services, continue with clinical trials, and conduct beta programs. MADV provides access to funding sources and ensures firms are ready for significant funding. Our process better positions the firm for funding while often increasing the value of the firm at an early and crucial stage.
Our goal is for the entrepreneur to attract an interested and intrigued investor, angel constituency or venture capital firm and receive feedback on strategy prior to “going live.”
To achieve this goal, we assist with the following:
- Developing strategic, realistic and compelling investment materials including an executive summary and investment-focused presentation.
- Providing an insider’s view on how investors think and what they seek in emerging firm.
- Connecting founders to key organizations and individuals who can fulfill needs, provide funding or referrals to capital, become potential customers, vet technologies, etc.
- Providing feedback and advice on key aspects of entrepreneurship such as business model, intellectual property, competitive landscape, market dynamics, appropriate milestones, realistic financial projections and more.
Our Track Record
Since 2003, MADV has assisted 386 emerging firms. MADV “alumni” companies have approximately raised over $487M in early stage funding as a result of their participation in our program as well as other venture programs. These successes are a result of our broad and diverse network partnered with our extensive coaching sessions. MADV offers an unsurpassed network of investors, industry experts, technologists, support organizations, academicians, consultants and service providers to best connect and position emerging firms for commercial success and sustainability. In addition, Entrepreneurs report that MADV’s coaching sessions were the most rigorous and effective in the extended region.
Here’s what entrepreneurs have said about MADV and its predecessor, Diamond State Ventures (DSV):
“Thank you for getting my company in front of the MADV audience on Friday. Entrepreneurs get bombarded by all kinds of organizations who offer coaching and introductions to investors. And we weigh the cost vs. benefit for each one, as, the cost comes out of our personal bank accounts. I wanted to say that what MADV does is priceless! Just the vetting process of being accepted helped to sharpen my approach. The coaching I got from the board was phenomenal. I actually believe people in the last row could see my slides and the content was so much better after coaching. Then having a pitch specialist available to us to perfect delivery was the final piece that made me confident in my presentation last Friday. Things are already starting to happen as a result of PolyAurum’s presentation, and I am very grateful. I would wholeheartedly recommend your process for any entrepreneur!”
– Debra Travers, Polyaurum
“Thank you once again for the opportunity to present at MADV. We are now continuing conversations with several interested investors. Thank you for providing this additional feedback. It is very helpful for the future! I will certainly recommend MADV to friends in the future!”
– Ben Lewis, The One Health Company
“The DSV team has been extremely valuable in assisting our business during our early stage development. They have been successful in assisting our management with mission-critical strategies for operations, financing, and acquisitions.”
– Kaydon Stanzione, CEO, Advanced Logic Systems, Inc.
“DSV’s carefully screened candidates have provided us with valuable contacts, leads, and deal-flow in companies ready to grow and succeed.”
– Brian Robertson, President and CEO, Ternary Software