Center for Student Professional Development
Enhancing diversity at the Fox School of Business is one of the top priorities at Temple University. With over 100 countries represented by our student population, Temple University is often refered to as the “Diversity University”. Providing our diverse group of students with proper resources is also important to us. Below you will find resources that can help you further explore the different types of diversity groups.
- African American
- Asian American
- General Sites
- Indigenous/Native American
- Military Students
- Student Athletes
- Students With Disabilities
- Black Enterprise – Black Enterprise provides essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers.
- National Black MBA Association – The National Black MBA Association is dedicated to develop partnerships that result in the creation of intellectual and economic wealth in the black community.
- African-American Village – IMDiversity.com is dedicated to providing career and self-development information to empower individuals with the tools and information needed in order to succeed.
- Black Collegian Online – A career and job site for African-American students.
- Black Equal Opportunity Employment Journal – America’s leading African-American Business and Career magazine. Our mission is to be the epicenter of information for African-Americans seeking employment and business opportunities within corporate America.
- The National Black Chamber of Commerce – The National Black Chamber of Commerce® is dedicated to economically empowering and sustaining African-American communities through entrepreneurship and capitalistic activity within the United States and via interaction with the Black Diaspora.
- Asian-American – A charitable and educational organization dedicated to building leadership and public policy knowledge within the Asian Pacific American community. Its mission is to promote APA interests and success in public service careers and provide information.
- National Association of Asian-American Professionals – A not-for-profit organization that cultivates, supports, and promotes Asian-American leaders. NAAAP offers professional development opportunities on the local and national level, engages its membership in community service, and organizes professional networking events.
- Asian Life – This site is a resource for Asian professionals to help cultivate their careers, connect with people, and be a part of the exploding global Asian community. This site includes networking tools and a global job board that allows professionals to search from our extensive database of jobs in both the U.S. and Asia.
- Asian American Leadership – The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is a charitable and educational organization dedicated to building leadership and public policy knowledge within the Asian Pacific American community.
- Asian American Village – IMDiversity.com is dedicated to providing career and self-development information to empower individuals with the tools and information needed in order to succeed.
- U.S.Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce – This site promotes and propels economic growth by opening doors to businesses and professional opportunities for Asian Americans, minority businesses, and their business partners in corporate America, government at the federal, state, and local levels, and the small and minority community.
- Diversity Inc. – Up to date information and articles relevant to career and professional development.
- IMDiversity.com – The One-Stop Career and Self-Development Site Devoted to Serving the Cultural and Career-Related Needs of Underrepresented Minorities.
- Insight into Diversity – INSIGHT Into Diversity (formerly Affirmative Action Register) has been connecting professionals with institutions and businesses that embrace a workforce that reflects our world.
- Work Place Diversity – A job search web site for Corporate Recruiters who are seeking experienced diverse talent. Our goal is to create a connection between companies that support diversity and experienced, distinct candidates by providing one location for recruiters to post open positions.
- NativeWeb – NativeWeb is an international, nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to using telecommunications including computer technology and the Internet to disseminate information from and about indigenous nations, peoples, and organizations around the world, to foster communication between native and non-native peoples, and to provide resources, mentoring, and services to facilitate indigenous peoples’ use of this technology.
- Native-American Jobs – Native-American Jobs.com is a site dedicated to linking diversity & indigenous employment, career minded individuals looking for Employment & Careers in all communities, locally and nationwide
- Native-American.Jobs – This site provides an online job data bank available to Native-American Job Seekers, Native-American Tribes, and Tribal Organizations
- American Indian College Fund – The American Indian College Fund was established in 1989 to provide scholarships to American Indian students and to fund and create awareness about the community-based and accredited tribal colleges and universities that offer students access to knowledge, skills, and Native culture, language, and values.
- National Native-American Human Resource Associations – The National Native-American Human Resources Association is a non-profit organization comprised of HR professionals working for, or providing professional services to Tribes.
- Native-American Village – IMDiversity.com is dedicated to providing career and self-development information to empower individuals with the tools and information needed in order to succeed.
- iHispano.com – iHispano.com is the nation’s premier professional networking site and job board for Latinos in the United States. We serve as the premier resource for connecting aspiring and accomplished Latino professionals in a community experience that will assist them in realizing their professional and personal goals.
- LatPro – The LatPro service enables employers and recruiters to efficiently find professional candidates with language skills, international experience and/or multicultural knowledge.
- National Society of Hispanic MBA – This site fosters Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development. NSHMBA works to prepare Hispanics for leadership positions throughout the U.S., so that they can provide the cultural awareness and sensitivity vital in the management of the nation’s diverse workforce.
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement – To positively impact the American workplace by cultivating the pipeline of Latino talent and providing Latino professionals the insight, access, and support to be successful in their careers.
- Hispanic American Village – IMDiversity.com is dedicated to providing career and self-development information to empower individuals with the tools and information needed in order to succeed.
- Hispanic Network Magazine –To create an environment of teamwork in which Latin Americans and other minorities have access to all applicable business and career opportunities.
- Saludos – A job search engine specializing in joining the Hispanic bilingual professional with companies looking for DIVERSITY in the workplace.
- LGBT Career Link - Job board and educational site that showcases national job opportunities and information on diversity friendly companies.
- Out Professionals – Not-for-profit professional networking site designed to connect individuals with social and professional allies through networking events and educational workshops.
- Out for Work – The total educational experience of the LGBT students, primarily in the development, evaluation, initiation and implementation of career plans and opportunities. OFW’s programs, resources and services provide assistance to students in the cultivation and enhancement of skills to explore career options, master search techniques and strategies and research employment opportunities.
- Pro Gay Jobs – To assist the GLBT workforce in finding satisfying, enriching jobs with companies that offer: freedom from discrimination and harassment because of their sexual orientation and / or gender, equal benefits for the partners of GLBT employees as compared to those offered to the spouses of married employees, and equal opportunity for advancement and career development.
- Greater Philadelphia Professional Network (GPPN) – The mission is to provide a social, career and business development channel for the gay and lesbian professional community.
- Out and Equal – Out & Equal Greater Philadelphia meets local needs to educate and empower organizations, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups, and individual employees through programs and services that result in workplace equity regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, or characteristics.
- Sexual Orientation and Career Decision Making – Professionals at Lawrence University provide educational information regarding career advice and resources for the LBGTQA community.
- Independence Business Alliance (IBA) – The Independence Business Alliance (IBA) is the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Chamber of Commerce for the Greater Philadelphia region. The IBA is a membership-based business advocacy organization, dedicated to making the Philadelphia region an influential and diverse LGBT business community with an impact on economic development, equal rights and policy issues.
- MilitaryHire.com – This site has been developed and maintained by a team of both military veterans and corporate hiring authorities who have worked hard to create a network where former military personnel can seek careers and utilize their professional skills.
- Military Skills Translator – Find civilian jobs that are similar to your military occupation, salaries and the civilian training required for your future outlook.
- Military Transitions – The Key to Career Success campaign connects veterans and transitioning service members with high quality career planning, training, and job search resources available in your area.
- RecruitMilitary.com – A veteran-owned firm dedicated to helping veterans in terms of jobs and civilian careers, new business and franchise ownership and training.
- Army Career and Alumni Program – The Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) deliver a world-class transition program for America’s Army that ensures all eligible individuals have the knowledge, skills and self-confidence necessary to be competitive and successful in the global workforce.
- Temple University: Veteran Affairs – Making the transition from military to college life can be challenging. To assist with this transition, Temple University has several support programs that are available to students.
- Veterans Upward Bound – Veterans Upward Bound is designed to motivate and assist veterans in the development of academic and other requisite skills necessary for acceptance and success in a program of postsecondary education.
- Career Athletes – Careerathletes.com is the premium destination for current/alumni student-athletes, athletic departments, and business organizations seeking to create professional connections.
- Team Work – Team Work Online blends the best features of executive recruiters, job boards, applicant tracking systems, and online dating systems into the most advanced and integrated suite of recruiting tools and industry networks to help applicants find the right jobs and to help employers find the right candidates.
- Women in Sports – The WISC Network is a Worldwide Online Business and Career Network that provides business networking and career opportunities for women interested in sports.
- Disability.gov – This site provides information about career planning, job banks, interview strategies and self-employment information.
- Enable America – Enable America’s objective is to increase employment among people with disabilities in the United States.
- Service Source – A not-for-profit organization providing services to individuals with disabilities through innovative and valued employment, training, habilitation, housing and support services.
- Disability Resources – Disability Resources, is a not-for-profit organization established to promote and improve awareness, availability and accessibility of information that can help people with disabilities live, learn, love, work and play independently.
- Job Accommodation Network – The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is the leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Disability Resources and Services at Temple University – This site provides resources and services for students in all areas of the college experience.
- We Connect Now Blog – We Connect Now is dedicated to uniting people interested in rights and issues affecting people with disabilities, with particular emphasis on college students and access to higher education and employment issues.
- Women’s Work – This site is dedicated to helping women find professional flexible work and bring qualified candidates to progressive companies by providing the tools and resources.
- Women for Hire – This site offers a wide variety of career-related information and videos geared to working women, and an online job board that help leading employers connect with top-notch professional women in all fields.
- Temple University League for Entrepreneurial Women – A campus organization that provides professional development resources and events for Temple University’s female population.
- Women Presidents’ Organization – This organization was formed to improve business conditions for women entrepreneurs, and to promote the acceptance and advancement of women entrepreneurs in all industries.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council – The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) is dedicated to advancing the success of Corporate Members, certified women’s business enterprises, and government entities in partnership with its Regional Partner Organizations.
- Women’s Village – IMDiversity.com is dedicated to providing career and self-development information to empower individuals with the tools and information needed in order to succeed.
CSPD on Facebook
Like CSPD on Facebook
CSPD's Twitter Feed