The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence has been established at the Fox School of Business and Management in order to:
- support effective teaching in all areas of instruction,
- help members solve teaching issues,
- make recommendations about teaching effectiveness and assessment tools,
- foster the development of new teaching skills,
- identify areas of teaching development that need improvement or attention,
- examine ways of measuring quality of teaching and ascertaining the learning outcomes of students, and
- encourage ongoing discussions of the elements of good teaching and learning.
With these goals in the mind, the Center has:
- established a mentoring program for junior faculty,
- conducts workshops on how to improve teaching skills and learning outcomes,
- encourages innovation, experimentation and use of technology to enhance teaching,
- offers both peer and student evaluation of faculty teaching, and
- provides personalized assistance to the faculty for skill and goals development.